TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: TV series worth downloading

Post by Homer »

Breaking Bad - The Movie

Some fans of Breaking Bad who also are damn good film editors assembled a 2 hour movie from the 5 seasons of Breaking Bad. Obviously, it's a truncated version of the story. But, hey, there won't be any more Breaking Bad so why not relive the saga in one sitting?

Was briefly on youtube. Now on torrent sites. This one has decent video and sound quality:
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/173427 ... D.AC3-ETRG
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Snatch

Fifteen years later, the son of one of the men who went to Prison in Snatch graduates from low level criminal stuff to the big time. Accidentally. Mimics (poorly) the style of Snatch. Far less humor than in Snatch. Characters aren't as developed. Actors aren't as good. If a couple of British TV reviewers can be believed, the TV show has several intentionally bad accents, as a nod to the film director Guy Ritchie.

That said, it's watchable. Not in a 'it's so bad it's good' way, but if it's on while you're partly doing something else, it's easy to follow the plot and tempt you to stop what you're doing for the rest of a scene.

First season dropped a month ago. Got mine at extratorrent.com
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Line of Duty is back on BBC1 and for those who have watched previous series it's gripping stuff - I downloaded the first 3 episodes and just watched the first two and the latest episode was on last night - well worth a look if you're into British Cop dramas
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:16 am Line of Duty is back on BBC1 and for those who have watched previous series it's gripping stuff - I downloaded the first 3 episodes and just watched the first two and the latest episode was on last night - well worth a look if you're into British Cop dramas
Well lets see how she got out of that saw business!!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Iron Fist

Yes, I enjoy my comic book heroes. This one is courtesy of Marvel. Only 2 episodes into so far, but I'm hooked again.

A lot of similarity to The Arrow.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

JimmyGreaves wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:07 pm
Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:16 am Line of Duty is back on BBC1 and for those who have watched previous series it's gripping stuff - I downloaded the first 3 episodes and just watched the first two and the latest episode was on last night - well worth a look if you're into British Cop dramas
Well lets see how she got out of that saw business!!
Wait and see, but.........
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:24 pm Iron Fist

Yes, I enjoy my comic book heroes. This one is courtesy of Marvel. Only 2 episodes into so far, but I'm hooked again.

I liked Arrow for the first couple seasons, but lost interest after, seemed too much the same. Will try this though, Thanks!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

migrant wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:22 pm
Big Boy wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:24 pm Iron Fist

I liked Arrow for the first couple seasons, but lost interest after, seemed too much the same. Will try this though, Thanks!
I'm a few more episodes into it now. There is a strong relationship with Daredevil, including the same villains, and some of the good guys.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

A new mini series about the racial problems in 1970's London... looks good initially.

"Guerrilla" on Showtime channel.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
butch
Rookie
Rookie

Post by butch »

try billions
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Anyone who enjoys watching programmes about Asia and Thailand in particular might want to check out Dara & Ed's Road to Mandalay on BBC.

Three episodes covering Malaysia, Thailand and Myanmar. Episode 2, Thailand, was shown on the 14th May with episode 3 next week. Thailand covered turtle conservation in Phuket and Elephant sanctuary in the golden triangle amongst other things. See what it's like to travel on the overnight train to Chiang Mai if you haven't experienced it.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Le Mans: Racing is Everthing

Follows 6 teams as they prepare and compete in Le Mans 2015. Six episodes dropped on Amazon 3 days ago. Available on rarbg.to in several sizes.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The Handmaid's Tale
Running now on UK channel 4 I think, but you can access the whole series on Kodi or torrents.

I remember reading this for my English Lit A-level, a powerful book set in a dystopian future where a woman lives as a concubine under a religious right wing regime.

The series is well made: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5834204/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Not sure if this can be downloaded, as I do not attempt any downloads on any subject.

Has anybody watched this series:

http://www.sho.com/the-putin-interviews

It has been on True cable TV the last week or so, the 4th episode clashing with F1 last Sunday night. Apart from Oliver Stone continually rubbing his big nose, I found it fascinating. Putin was very open and only baulked at a couple of questions. The demonstration shown in his "communications room" should be food for thought! It needs to be watched with an open mind, without any preconceived bias.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Narcos Season 3
Drops on Netflix on Sept 1
If you missed it, Season 1 was the rise of Pablo Escobar, Season 2 was the fall. Season 3:

Homer wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:54 pm Narcos

Excellent. Engrossing fictionalized story of Pablo Escobar and the Medellin Cartel, starting at the beginning. Tight, fast paced story, often as coolly efficient as the characters. Of course it's violent and sexy but there is some humor - and dark humor. For added realism they filmed in Colombia. The Colombian characters are subtitled when speaking in Spanish.

One of the US DEA agents does voice over, much like the lead character in Goodfellas. It works well. It eliminates necessary but boring scenes, reinforces key points we need to understand the story, fills in backstory, explains more about the characters than shown in scenes.