TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: TV series worth downloading

Post by Dannie Boy »

404cameljockey wrote:
Big Boy wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:24 am I still use Pirate Bay https://thepiratebay.org/
Some things haven't been making it onto there recently. Current backups:
https://rarbg.to/torrents.php
http://1337x.to/
I'll give one or both a try - thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JammieR
Novice
Novice

Post by JammieR »

If you are talking TV series, here is my list, which i watch with a popcorn time vpn service, because some content is blocked in UK.

No# 1 Has to be Friends, nothing beats it. It's about sex, love, relationships, careers, a time in your life when everything's possible. And it's about friendship because when you're single and in the city, your friends are your family.

Seinfeld: in 2002 TV Guide named Seinfeld the greatest television program of all time and in 2009, "The Contest" was ranked #1 on TV Guide's list of TV's Top 100 Episodes of All Time. Who does not want to see the best episode ever ?

Freaks and Geeks: an offbeat show about teenagers and high school life. It has a devoted cult following. it has a rating of 8.9/10 on IMDB but sadly only aired for 1 season.

Arrested Development (TV series) : Something different in it. Not a regular sitcom. Some people do get bored but i enjoyed it a lot. One of the highest rated sitcoms on IMDB and thus also on my list :)

House (TV series) : An antisocial maverick doctor who specializes in diagnostic medicine does whatever it takes to solve puzzling cases that come his way using his crack team of doctors and his wits. The best is his sarcasms, take a look. What's your favorite sarcastic quote delivered by House?

That '70s Show : Watch this show to find out how was life without FB, gtalk, quora or for that matter Television. This is an amazing journey of teenagers coming out of age in the 70s. When the biggest achievement was to steal a beer from your father's liquor cabinet. When to enjoy with friends all you need was a basement!

Sherlock (TV series) : A name you have heard always, now see the legend at work in modern society. Sheer brilliance.Also watch it for the battleground dress.

Game of Thrones : Its always said that a novel is better then a TV series or a movie. but watch this series because of its excellence in cinematography, direction and acting. Its very rare that you get shows like this on Television. We might get more brilliant books then A Song of Ice and Fire but we might not get a show as good as this.

The Newsroom (U.S. TV series) : watch the news daily? look what goes behind to produce one. A different show all together. The first 10 minutes speech by Will sets the tone of the show. Watch this:
Modern Family : Best sitcom currently running on TV. No laugh tracks, enough said.
I am using the best uk vpn to stream all the TV series out there.

if you have more time to kill then also watch:
Scrubs (TV series)
Breaking Bad
Dexter (TV series)
The Wire
The Big Bang Theory
House of Cards (U.S. TV series)
Prison Break
The West Wing
ER (TV series)
Sarabhai vs Sarabhai
ENJOY... :neener:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Snowfall", an American series about the beginning and rise of crack cocaine use centered in Los Angeles is a good one. BBC2 has picked it up if you get that over there.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

In no particular order:-
1) Ozark...Could be as good as Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire etc...
2) Manhunt Unabomber....Shades of Hannibal, Red Dragon etc..
3) Mr Mercedes...Hooked after 1 episode
4) Get Shorty...thought twice about downloading this but glad I did
5) Quacks....Brit comedy
5) White Gold..Brit com about the rise of UPVC salesmen in the 80's, set in Essex but relevant to me as their was a massive company called Stormseal in my home town in the North West.
6) The Last Tycoon....great cast inc. Kelsey Grammar
7) What Would Diplo Do...offbeat comedy

All available on the usual sites, I'm using Piratebay.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Comrade Detective

Dubbed into English by a strong cast and in places quite amusing.

In the thick of 1980's Cold War hysteria, the Romanian government created the country's most popular and longest-running series, Comrade Detective, a sleek and gritty police show that not only entertained its citizens but also promoted Communist ideals and inspired a deep nationalism. The action-packed and blood-soaked first season finds Detectives Gregor Anghel and Joseph Baciu investigating the murder of fellow officer Nikita Ionescu and, in the process, unraveling a subversive plot to destroy their country that is fueled by-what else-but the greatest enemy: Capitalism.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5834198/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Probably not one for Republicans and right wingers with no sense of humour...Ahem
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

sateeb wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:38 pm Comrade Detective

Dubbed into English by a strong cast and in places quite amusing.

In the thick of 1980's Cold War hysteria, the Romanian government created the country's most popular and longest-running series, Comrade Detective, a sleek and gritty police show that not only entertained its citizens but also promoted Communist ideals and inspired a deep nationalism. The action-packed and blood-soaked first season finds Detectives Gregor Anghel and Joseph Baciu investigating the murder of fellow officer Nikita Ionescu and, in the process, unraveling a subversive plot to destroy their country that is fueled by-what else-but the greatest enemy: Capitalism.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5834198/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Probably not one for Republicans and right wingers with no sense of humour...Ahem
Now THAT sounds like something out of the ordinary! I'm on the mid-right politically, but good entertainment plus a chance to snigger at communism sounds too good to miss. Thanks :)
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Episode 4 is a hoot...

― George Carlin
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

sateeb wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:15 am I've watched 2 episodes of Ozark and am hooked...has the potential to be up there with the Breaking Bad's and Boardwalk Empire. Great stuff.

! Episode of Unabonber..brilliant!!!
Netflix says there will be a season 2 of Ozark. They set the bar high for themselves with the season 1 finale.

Six episodes in, Unabomber keeps getting better.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Homer wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:09 am Narcos Season 3
Drops on Netflix on Sept 1
If you missed it, Season 1 was the rise of Pablo Escobar, Season 2 was the fall. Season 3:

Homer wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:54 pm Narcos

Excellent. Engrossing fictionalized story of Pablo Escobar and the Medellin Cartel, starting at the beginning. Tight, fast paced story, often as coolly efficient as the characters. Of course it's violent and sexy but there is some humor - and dark humor. For added realism they filmed in Colombia. The Colombian characters are subtitled when speaking in Spanish.

One of the US DEA agents does voice over, much like the lead character in Goodfellas. It works well. It eliminates necessary but boring scenes, reinforces key points we need to understand the story, fills in backstory, explains more about the characters than shown in scenes.
"'Narcos' filmmaker shot dead scouting for locations in rural Mexico"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-narcos- ... 02626.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Crime/drama 6 parter 'The Loch' from ITV, good characters and lots of red herrings, and twists, filmed in a beautiful part of Scotland. There is one scene where a teenager openly carries a rifle on a school trip though, bit bloody silly!
johnjar
Guru
Guru

Post by johnjar »

JammieR wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:32 pm If you are talking TV series, here is my list, which i watch with a popcorn time vpn service, because some content is blocked in UK.

No# 1 Has to be Friends, nothing beats it. It's about sex, love, relationships, careers, a time in your life when everything's possible. And it's about friendship because when you're single and in the city, your friends are your family.

Seinfeld: in 2002 TV Guide named Seinfeld the greatest television program of all time and in 2009, "The Contest" was ranked #1 on TV Guide's list of TV's Top 100 Episodes of All Time. Who does not want to see the best episode ever ?

Freaks and Geeks: an offbeat show about teenagers and high school life. It has a devoted cult following. it has a rating of 8.9/10 on IMDB but sadly only aired for 1 season.

Arrested Development (TV series) : Something different in it. Not a regular sitcom. Some people do get bored but i enjoyed it a lot. One of the highest rated sitcoms on IMDB and thus also on my list :)

House (TV series) : An antisocial maverick doctor who specializes in diagnostic medicine does whatever it takes to solve puzzling cases that come his way using his crack team of doctors and his wits. The best is his sarcasms, take a look. What's your favorite sarcastic quote delivered by House?

That '70s Show : Watch this show to find out how was life without FB, gtalk, quora or for that matter Television. This is an amazing journey of teenagers coming out of age in the 70s. When the biggest achievement was to steal a beer from your father's liquor cabinet. When to enjoy with friends all you need was a basement!

Sherlock (TV series) : A name you have heard always, now see the legend at work in modern society. Sheer brilliance.Also watch it for the battleground dress.

Game of Thrones : Its always said that a novel is better then a TV series or a movie. but watch this series because of its excellence in cinematography, direction and acting. Its very rare that you get shows like this on Television. We might get more brilliant books then A Song of Ice and Fire but we might not get a show as good as this.

The Newsroom (U.S. TV series) : watch the news daily? look what goes behind to produce one. A different show all together. The first 10 minutes speech by Will sets the tone of the show. Watch this:
Modern Family : Best sitcom currently running on TV. No laugh tracks, enough said.
I am using the best uk vpn to stream all the TV series out there.

if you have more time to kill then also watch:
Scrubs (TV series)
Breaking Bad
Dexter (TV series)
The Wire
The Big Bang Theory
House of Cards (U.S. TV series)
Prison Break
The West Wing
ER (TV series)
Sarabhai vs Sarabhai
ENJOY... :neener:
The best series by far is Breaking Bad it gets better after each episode I,ve watched it twice :)
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Liar: A 6-part British TV series about a possible date-rape. Just watched episode 2 and we're hooked. It's extremely well-written, and I keep flip-flopping as to who I think is the 'Liar' (or liars?).

It's one of those '6 parts and it's done' series, which I love. Long enough to keep my interest, but not too long that I get bored.

Enjoy. VS :wink:
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: TV series worth downloading

Post by hhinner »

404cameljockey wrote:Crime/drama 6 parter 'The Loch' from ITV, good characters and lots of red herrings, and twists, filmed in a beautiful part of Scotland. There is one scene where a teenager openly carries a rifle on a school trip though, bit bloody silly!
Just finished watching this. Enjoyed it. Thanks for the tip.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Thanks for the tip about The Loch Cameljockey - I'd completely forgotten about it. Being married to a Scot, it should be right up his street (or loch), and being a 6-parter it's right up my lake. I do hope that the accents aren't too strong, as I sometimes struggle to understand strong Scottish accents. It's a pain when we have to keep pausing a programme for Mr.VS to translate... :|

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Have been watching the latest series of "Great Canal Journeys" with Timothy West and Prunella Scales. I know I've mentioned this one previously, but this is just a wonderful series for those who enjoy travel and have a sense of fun/romance/humour.

It's on CH4 in the UK (see http://www.channel4.com/programmes/grea ... ode-guide/), but available on Youtube and I'm sure the usual sites. Well worth the watch! :thumb:

P.S. And for Mr VS, there's a great one where they travel the "Caledonian"..... superb! :thumb:

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.