TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: TV series worth downloading

Post by hhfarang »

Another of the best of the new fall shows, from the USA network that I think is worth a download. Seven episodes have aired with the eighth airing tonight so it's ready to go for a good binge watching:

Eyewitness, "which explores a grisly crime from the point of view of the eyewitnesses"

http://www.tv.com/shows/eyewitness/
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

One to watch for in the coming months...

"HBO is teaming up with J.J. Abrams again for a new space drama

Following the outsized success of Westworld, HBO is planning to work with J.J. Abrams and his studio Bad Robot Productions once again for a space drama called Glare. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Glare is billed as “an hourlong drama exploring the colonization of another planet.” ..."

https://bgr.com/2016/12/09/hbo-jj-abram ... ace-drama/
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

I forgot about this show because it took 3 years to make the second season. PirateBay has it. Search for ' Les Revenants'. The ones posted by ettv have hard coded subtitles. Season 1 also available on PirateBay.
Homer wrote: ...
Another TV series in the 'some left - most stayed' genre is "Les Revenants" (The Returned), from France in 2012. Damn good, otherwise I wouldn't have put up with reading subtitles. People who died about 10 years ago wake up one day on the outskirts of town. They haven't aged. They don't know they died. They walk back into town, looking for their friends and family. First there is one returned, then another, then another ...

It's not a horror film. Not at first. It's realistic reactions and coping of people dealing with the supernatural - both by the returned and those dealing with the returned. How would you react if you answered the front door and it's your long dead daughter? How would you react if you're the one who knocks, and your father opens the door, having aged 10 years in a day, staring at you in uncomprehending shock?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Emerald City", a new series from NBC, is worth a watch in my opinion. I've seen the first two episodes and it is interesting and leaves me wanting to see where it goes. It's supposed to be a modern remake of "The Wizard of Oz", but it bears little resemblance to the children’s tale. It's actually more like a combination of Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Outlander and Game of Thrones so far and is not a kiddies fairy tale. Check it out.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Some of the ones I watch are:

WAGS Miami
Diesel Brothers
Westworld
Duck Dynasty
Wahlburgers
Sacred Steel
The Selection Special Operations Experiment (History Channel)
Hotel Impossible
The Great Human Race was a good series
Fast N Loud

I'll post more later. :cheers:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Started watching Jack Taylor. A Gakway Ireland cop that was fired and now does private work. I like my leading actors to be flawed, and humorous, this qualifies on both fronts.

From a series of books by Ken Bruen
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Netflix Gives Us An Update On The Status Of 'Making A Murderer' Season 2"

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/netflix-gives- ... 19768.html
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Travelers

A fresh twist on time travel. It's escapist fun. Action-adventure, dilemmas of questioning orders and missions, making difficult choices, some humor, and, as one character keeps saying, "No plan survives contact with the past'. Well developed and acted characters. Written and directed to be binge watched. Don't mind the ridiculous plot holes. Make some popcorn, open a beer and enjoy. Canadian production, released by Netflix.

In the future, humanity has all but run out of options and population. The consciousness / memories / skills of a future person are transferred to a current time person who just died. They're sent as teams, each with a mission to change something the future world thinks might prevent humanity from it's future pathetic state (which is never shown). All one knows about the body they just inhabited was learned from the deceased's social media, so the not true parts present problems. Obviously, they select non-mangled deaths, e.g., concussion, so the inhabited body can be put to good use.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Taboo

Another new FX series that looks to be excellent after viewing the first 3 episodes.

"Storyline

James Keziah Delaney returns to 1814 London after 10 years in Africa to discover that he has been left a mysterious legacy by his father. Driven to wage war on those who have wronged him, Delaney finds himself in a face-off against the East India Company, whilst playing a dangerous game between two warring nations, Britain and America."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3647998/
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Longmire

About a Wyoming sheriff. Has the grizzled sheriff, the hot deputy, good dialogue with some comedy, and good storylines
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

migrant wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:18 am Longmire

About a Wyoming sheriff. Has the grizzled sheriff, the hot deputy, good dialogue with some comedy, and good storylines
Sixth and final season to drop this fall on Netflix.

Katee Sackhof is hot? To each his own, but maybe you thought the character played by Cassidy Freeman was a deputy.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We've just finished season 1 of

The Arrow.

We enjoyed it a lot, to the extent we binged the last 7 episodes last night.

If you're into super-hero stuff, well worth the download. Roll on season 2 :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I think they're currently on season 5 or 6, so it's all out there already.
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, already downloaded, but we were Arrowed out last night :) . I meant roll on the viewing of Season 2. :thumb:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

hhfarang wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:58 pm Taboo

Another new FX series that looks to be excellent after viewing the first 3 episodes.

"Storyline

James Keziah Delaney returns to 1814 London after 10 years in Africa to discover that he has been left a mysterious legacy by his father. Driven to wage war on those who have wronged him, Delaney finds himself in a face-off against the East India Company, whilst playing a dangerous game between two warring nations, Britain and America."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3647998/
BBC - series 1 still available on iPlayer - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b ... -episode-1 Tom Hardy excellent as usual!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip