Bintabaat shut down at 12.15 by masked police!

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: Bintabaat shut down at 12.15 by masked police!

Post by NOKYAI »

There were one or two idiot young Thais driving too fast on bikes without number plates down Soi 80, but on the whole was a quiet night. We left about 12.30, traffic was very light.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

MiB came down Binta with their pick-up + lights flashing at ~ 1.30...music stopped, tables in off the St, but after that they went..Everyone then carried on drinking, but in a mellow subdued manner till about 2.30/3.00. :cheers: :cheers:
Good that the MiB were not forceful. :thumb:
Yes NOKYAI we had a pair of 12-14yr olds on m/bikes up+down weaving in between the tourists..so young they could hardly reach the floor with their feet. :guns:
As for the 'Security' at either end of the Soi that the Amphur/MiB had insisted on..they disappeared at midnight. :banghead:
Health + Happiness to you all........ :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

usual suspect wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:05 am MiB now wearing masks across their faces due to tourists taking photos of them.
Expect more of this cos the latest MiB big-boss is seemingly very strict.. :bow:
Aaaah diddums -- the MIB usually love having their pics taken. Especially while pointing at perps/evidence and the like.

Maybe it would give some clue to their strange new behaviour to know who actually owns the Binta land?
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

I have to say that a lot of what has been going on over the holidays is more or less ridiculous! In Binta they were allowed to keep open to 02-03 on New years Eve and in Soi 94 all bar owners were told to close midnight. Went up Soi 94 00:30 not one bar open. And later that night around 02:30 came back down and full party was on in Dang Bar (old Saxophone Lounge).

Yesterday I spoke with one of the bar owners and he was told on the first that now he could keep open until 02:00. What the heck is going on in this town? There is absolutely no consistency in what is being told by MIB and how to practice opening hours. Tourist and expats alike gets confused, the bar owners don't know what and when and it all ends up with people not coming here in holiday, staying home and not going out.

IMHO it is a big MESS! Authorities must improve and start to impose a predictable system. If not all parties, tourist, locals and expats will loose on the whole situation!
YNWA
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

As far as I know, the bars are dictated by law to close at a certain time. However, I can't find any law that states at what time you can open.

So OK, I'll close my bar at midnight. Guess what? My opening hours are from 12:30am!!!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

come on, you are HuaHin 4 Ever, this is NOT inconsistent. in THAI inconsistency is consistent.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: RE: Re: Bintabaat shut down at 12.15 by masked police!

Post by huahin4ever »

oakdale160 wrote:come on, you are HuaHin 4 Ever, this is NOT inconsistent. in THAI inconsistency is consistent.
ImageImageImageImage
YNWA