After hours drinking establishments

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
teddyboom

Re: Hua Hin Bintabaht area nightlife map update

Post by teddyboom »

Are there other places in Hua Hin Besides the hilton disco to have a drink after closingtime of the regular bars?
teddyboom

Re: After hours drinking establishments

Post by teddyboom »

Thanks moderator BTW
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Yes, there's a Thai nightclub place directly over the road from Big C. It has received a fair amount of bad press on here in the past, but as long as you don't try to chat up some guy's girlfriend, and you don't become an arrogant idiot after a few drinks, you should be okay.

Another popular place seems to be Hi4 out near Soi 6. You will also find a few other little places open after hours in the area, but don't expect anything too crazy.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

How about further along from the Hilton, to the “karaoke” bars? Cat Bar and Super Club are a few I’ve been to until around 4am as recently as two months ago. It’s important to go in a group though, if you can, and have your wits about you as there are tales on here about things quickly getting out of hand.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

J.J.B. wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:56 pm How about further along from the Hilton, to the “karaoke” bars? Cat Bar and Super Club are a few I’ve been to until around 4am as recently as two months ago. It’s important to go in a group though, if you can, and have your wits about you as there are tales on here about things quickly getting out of hand.
Plenty of bars there these days compared to years ago.
I go there alone every time I'm in town, sometimes until the sun comes up!
Considering the amount of bars there and the fact they operate the hours they do, trouble is pretty minimal, if at all.
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Takiap wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:30 am Yes, there's a Thai nightclub place directly over the road from Big C. It has received a fair amount of bad press on here in the past, but as long as you don't try to chat up some guy's girlfriend, and you don't become an arrogant idiot after a few drinks, you should be okay.

Another popular place seems to be Hi4 out near Soi 6. You will also find a few other little places open after hours in the area, but don't expect anything too crazy.

I was told only yesterday that the place opposite Big C is really fun with good live Thai music, loud and with people dancing on the tables and so on. Get there 10.30 or later, but leave by 1.00 am to miss the unofficial Thai boxing!

And I think the reason we live in HH is that there's nothing 'too crazy". :)
teddyboom

Post by teddyboom »

keep um coming pls :)
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

404cameljockey wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:07 pm
Takiap wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:30 am Yes, there's a Thai nightclub place directly over the road from Big C. It has received a fair amount of bad press on here in the past, but as long as you don't try to chat up some guy's girlfriend, and you don't become an arrogant idiot after a few drinks, you should be okay.

I was told only yesterday that the place opposite Big C is really fun with good live Thai music, loud and with people dancing on the tables and so on. Get there 10.30 or later, but leave by 1.00 am to miss the unofficial Thai boxing!

And I think the reason we live in HH is that there's nothing 'too crazy". :)

Yes, there are scuffles there from time to time, but always personal disputes between locals. Like I said, if you don't turn into an arrogant fool after a few drinks you'll be alright. I've heard a lot of bad stories and warning about drinking with Thai, but I have done so countless times and I have never once had any problems. In fact, I have always been made to feel very welcome, and more often than not, if a group of locals see you are alone, they will invite you to join them. Just keep your nose out of sensitive subjects such as politics and etc.

Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

I'm with you Takiap. I've done some after hours drinking in lock-ins at small bars after the shutters are down and never had problems, but then again my smile is legendary. :)
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

I've heard that "Bang" bar which was the bar with live music in Prapokklao Road going to Soi 68, has moved to the old saxophone lounge location in Soi 94. I've also heard, but cannot confirm, that they have after hours drinking.
YNWA