Ladyboy Bars

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
happyslicer2
Rookie
Rookie

Ladyboy Bars

Post by happyslicer2 »

Any bars that are solely for or are predominantly populated by ladyboys? I will be going to Hua Hin soon and will have my son with me and want to make sure we can avoid these places. He had a bad experience with one in Phuket...think its still giving him nightmares.
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Re: Ladyboy Bars

Post by nanyang »

Guvnor, you're 'avin a larf.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Maybe you need something similar to this before entering a bar :)
https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/bangko ... boys-room/
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

I hear they can be quite aggressive if you rub them up the wrong way (you know what I mean). But you do make him sound a bit of a snowflake?

Anyway I hope he enjoys HH, it's tamer/quieter than Phuket. :D
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

A few bars who have several girls to "entertain" their clientele also have a resident ladyboy. He/she is there to entertain those looking for that type of activity but also as a "Security" worker protecting the girls and they do this very well.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

If worried about lady boys why take your son to a bar that is full of women for sale.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

404cameljockey wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:23 am Anyway I hope he enjoys HH, it's tamer/quieter than Phuket. :D
They used to chase my son all of the time whilst here in Hua Hin on holiday. We always kept a (distant) eye on on him. All part of growing up in Thailand. He soon learnt how to deal with them. One of his tactics was to grab them between the legs and announce if they still had meat & 2 veg.

Once they know you're not afraid of them, they don't bother you so much.

It is all part of life in Thailand - no point going into denial.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Well said BB, it is all part of life here in Thailand, and seriously, if the OP's son gets so freaked out, then I would suggest spending the evening at Market Village rather than at Bintabaht. :D

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Reading between the lines.... there's a bar in Bintabaht that's pretty full of ladyboys. Can't remember the name of it... but it's opposite C69 bar, so you can go there. And, as Oakdale has mentioned there are lots of bars around where you can find a ladyboy or two. They're pretty easy to spot, anyway. Good luck.

To answer the question as it was actually asked, there's a bar in Bintabaht that's pretty full of ladyboys. Can't remember the name of it... but it's opposite C69 bar, so avoid that one. And, as Oakdale has mentioned there are lots of bars around where you can find a ladyboy or two. They're pretty easy to spot, anyway, so if you're feeling uncomfortable in any given bar, drink up and leave quickly.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

Once they know you're not afraid of them, they don't bother you so much.
Most LBs are pretty messed up in the grey matter department - there are some trans men in Thailand with serious jobs, but those who work in bars are mostly head cases to a lesser or greater extent.

Some are docile souls who just long to be mistaken for the real thing, and others who are outrageously camp and quite entertaining if kept at arm's length - but there are also those who hate being summarily rejected, and go out of their way to embarrass men cruising for real girls.

Best policy is to take them on the level - don't be afraid to make eye contact or smile politely, and don't scurry away - but do keep walking..

As Big Boy says - if they know you're not scared of them, there's no fun in chasing you..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

'Why Not' is a small bar in Bintabaht that has a few ladyboys (not camp ones). It's owned by a very friendly and energetic (not in that way...) young Thai woman.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

404cameljockey wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:51 pm 'Why Not' is a small bar in Bintabaht that has a few ladyboys (not camp ones). It's owned by a very friendly and energetic (not in that way...) young Thai woman.
I should actually say 'very' small bar, and just a couple or three ladyboys. The DJ next door plays good tunes in the evening which the bars kind of share.
nightowlz888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nightowlz888 »

There were many in disco last night and at end of bintanaht. Yes just say no thank you seems to work if you say nothing they take that as ok come talk to you.
HHcolin
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HHcolin »

I've always found being polite, smile and say no thanks works fine, if you are aggressive and homophobic you're asking for trouble.