Another cowardly farang bashing in Hua Hin

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Re: Another cowardly farang bashing in Hua Hin

Post by RCer »

Spitfire wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:15 pm You screw with them and you are fair game...like everyone else.
Couldn't have said it better, myself.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Hiding your irritation at other people and their words and actions is actually the only way that face to face social interactions can take place without friction. Thais should be commended for it if they generally do it well, and that's not being an apologist. One just shouldn't mistake it for friendship. The farang 'don't you know who I am?' kind of shitty attitude towards people of a lower social or work station is no doubt a root cause of locals' resentment, going back however many years you like. Thais also resent the HiSo attitudes of monied locals, but that's not the issue in question in this thread.

RCer hits a nail on the head when he points out the abrasive actions of some farang. Whether it's in a supermarket or a bar doesn't matter, except the outcome at 2 am is likely to be a little different.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

You do have to consider the venue. There have been a number of incidents in that bar area. I for my own part have never seen any farang/Thai fights in the bars at 5 star hotels or in golf club houses.
happyslicer2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by happyslicer2 »

Been to Binta baht many times and always felt perfectly safe whether on my own or with friends. And most times very drunk , but not aggressive or argumentative, just fun and happy....maybe that's the trick.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

RCer wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:04 pm
Spitfire wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:15 pm You screw with them and you are fair game...like everyone else.
Couldn't have said it better, myself.
Agree 100% :thumb: The same applies to a lot of places in most if not all countries let's be fair.

Over the years on my visits to HH, I've been to Binta on many occasions, sometimes with the LHG (and even the MIL :shock: ), sometimes with friends, sometimes alone - I'm yet to have any real problem and hope I don't. Admittedly, I'm very rarely there even close to the "Witching Hour" if that makes (or should make) any difference.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Not a big bar goer anymore (at least late night visits) but having been to many around the world, including first world countries, alcohol can cause false courage, aggravated emotions, etc (Isn't this part of why we drink??).

Any bar area, especially in a concentrated place like Binta, can get high emotions and violence fairly easy. Not enough people in those situations just walk away.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.