El Toro Loco bar closed?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
keepitfun
Amateur
Amateur

Re: El Toro Loco R.I.P??

Post by keepitfun »

huahin4ever wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:10 am I have heard that the whole Bintabaht block, Ponsook, Selakam are to be cleaned up. No more nightlife in that area, so businesses closing up. Maybe that's the reason. I'm pretty sure I saw the El Toro boss mention this on Facebook somewhere.

Can you define what this means?

What does clean up mean?
Is it: Bars, hotels, live music, massage, jewellery shops or what....that needs to be cleaned up?

Won't be much else of all are included....oh wait...the tailors are OK? Great tourist attraction!
Big Boy

Re: El Toro Loco bar closed?

Post by Big Boy »

They've been spreading rumours about Binthabat closing for as long as I can remember. It has always been nothing more than a rumour until now.

Because we never get told what is going on, if you're not an affected bar owner, best to ignore it until it really happens, then find a suitable alternative - Hua Hin has plenty of alternatives to choose from.

First time I heard the rumour was 17 years ago - at the time I was devastated. I've learnt the doom & gloom mongers love to exaggerate the situation whenever something like this happens. They actually thrive on it.

Yes, I know it all sounds real this time because a bar has shut down/relocating. That's never happened in Hua Hin before, has it? :?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Post by Felipesed1 »

I presume posters are aware that Cartoon has a bar in soi 80. Maybe he plans to relocate there?
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Felipesed1 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:41 pm I presume posters are aware that Cartoon has a bar in soi 80. Maybe he plans to relocate there?
If you read the post by Geko and see their fb page it states they will open a place on Soi 94.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Post by Felipesed1 »

I have read it, and I hope it is successful, but he also has the place on soi 80 to fall back on.
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Post by Felipesed1 »

Would it be possible for HuahinForum to approach the Mayor officially, and ask for statement regarding the proposed development of the Poonsuk/ Bintabaht area?
It may be of interest to residents and intending tourists.
Eiahhh

Post by Eiahhh »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:29 pm They've been spreading rumours about Binthabat closing for as long as I can remember. It has always been nothing more than a rumour until now.

Because we never get told what is going on, if you're not an affected bar owner, best to ignore it until it really happens, then find a suitable alternative - Hua Hin has plenty of alternatives to choose from.

First time I heard the rumour was 17 years ago - at the time I was devastated. I've learnt the doom & gloom mongers love to exaggerate the situation whenever something like this happens. They actually thrive on it.

Yes, I know it all sounds real this time because a bar has shut down/relocating. That's never happened in Hua Hin before, has it? :?
Well when the band says so themselves, it sounds pretty real to me. This scares me... :shock:
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

Just my 10p's worth. I think Toro bar was probably the best bar in the area up to around 2010. There was usually plenty of decent eye candy sat out front and the music was very pleasant to listen to, Eagles etc.
I guess it just lost its way, mai pen rai.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Eiahhh wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:03 pm Well when the band says so themselves, it sounds pretty real to me. This scares me... :shock:
Scares you, really? How many Hua Hin bars have you survived closing/relocating? This is Thailand.

The rent is probably cheaper in Soi 94. They will be moving to better premises with cheaper rent. Why not a little wind up n the way? If it's true, well the Tessebahn seem hell bent on destroying the centre of town, being scared isn't going to help, just move on. There's much worse to be scared of in this world.

If you are maybe a Hilton regular, then yes, I can understand concerns. They're destroying restaurants, destroying bars and leaving the area a mess. It'll be like an oasis in a bomb crater soon.

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

the operators of bars in soi 80- must be happy, but i guess they are smart enough to know that what happened in the centre of town could happen to them too.
As for BB, what about a huge shopping centre full of Indian tailor and optician shops
aimlink
Novice
Novice

Post by aimlink »

El Toro Loco now has two bars on Soi 80, across the street from each other. One is a music venue with live music every night. Word is (unconfirmed) that they are also opening a bar on soi 94. Apparently, they did not have a license to be in bintabaht and had to move. That may be the case with a number of bintabaht bars. Not the end of the world, folks. Just bars moving from one place to another. Plenty to go around still.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

El Toro Loco is or was a closed door bar, no inconvenience for neighbourhood, that's not the case of London bar. Their noise is ruining the pleasure customers can enjoy in surrounding bars.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

europtimiste wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:31 pm El Toro Loco is or was a closed door bar, no inconvenience for neighbourhood, that's not the case of London bar. Their noise is ruining the pleasure customers can enjoy in surrounding bars.
That is a valid point and I was surprised at the venue I thought they were checking out as that is an open bar.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Pagey wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:02 pm That is a valid point and I was surprised at the venue I thought they were checking out as that is an open bar.
Especially as they've just opened a guest house directly opposite, and there's a long established hotel across the other road if it's the venue I'm thinking of.

Points 41; Position 18
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

europtimiste wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:31 pm El Toro Loco is or was a closed door bar, no inconvenience for neighbourhood, that's not the case of London bar. Their noise is ruining the pleasure customers can enjoy in surrounding bars.
Pagey wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:02 pmThat is a valid point and I was surprised at the venue I thought they were checking out as that is an open bar.
The main reason it was a closed door bar was to keep out the racket from the Ibiza bar across the soi. :wink: :D

The bar on soi 80 is a good venue, I'm surprised they've gone for another place, I'm sure they have their reasons.
The El Toro cafe bar opposite does some nice food. :thumb:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.