Security at Bars

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Security at Bars

Post by StevePIraq »

Nice to see one of the local Thai bars near me have stepped up security, well at least posting a notice for no hand guns allowed, one reason I do not frequent Thai bars.
20151223_122932.jpg
20151223_122932.jpg (80.27 KiB) Viewed 7927 times
However I prefer the one from my last overseas local, it still didn't stop the bad guys.
DSC03354.JPG
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Security at Bars

Post by Nereus »

I have no idea what it is like now, but a few years ago some bars in Phnom Penh had signs up saying "please check in your weapons here" at the door. And they were not joking! :guns:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Lots of places overseas do that, it's a good idea.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

Yes indeed. No worries now. Those posted notices are going to sort this situation out and never again will a weapon cross the threshold.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

In Honduras they would check weapons at the door of bars, restaurants, etc, and get a claim check. They would also wand you going in just in case you forgot!! Wild west place for sure!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

The same in Manila, nearly all the bars have signs saying leave your weapons at security and they too use scanners.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

They check you for weapons in a lot of the pubs and clubs in London, and if you don't have one, they give you one :wink: :mrgreen:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.