ARMY now checking bars in Hua Hin

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: ARMY now checking bars in Hua Hin

Post by oakdale160 »

And some of the girls who work in the giant hardware store are known as Home Pros Girls. Cant make it plainer tan that.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

I've been told by friends who frequent Binta and 80 in the evening and late at night that since the 'big screen' purge and the ID etc checking by DOPA that venues are now particularly quieter and some do not show big sports events anymore.

This is hearsay from a couple of friends who are regular night-owls
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Pleng wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote: For the safety of customers and bargirls alike, there needs to be stricter laws put in place regarding girls soliciting sex in bars.
Love the way how when they're cracking down on something you disagree with it's 'go go government', and when it's something you like to partake in it's 'welcome to the new North Korea'.
Yes, well I... erm... I really want to... erm...

Nope. You've caught me out a treat. They're twats when they do something I dislike and gentlemen when they do something I like.

Hey, no ones perfect. :D

:cheers:
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

Takiap wrote:GLCQ......... :lach:

Not sure if you are being serious or not? Do you honestly believe that the army can stop, or even wants to stop the sex industry in Thailand? They might try to stamp it out in tourist areas, but other than that, no chance at all.

As another poster has mentioned, I think it has more to do with a power struggle and political brownie points.
I also doubt whether the army - or DOPA - can realistically stop the Thai sex industry. But I do think the current regime wants to, and as a tourist resort HH is bound to be on the hit list.
As for theories about power struggles, I'm sure the MIB have already realised that struggling would be pointless. If they've any sense they will sit back and wait for it all to hit the fan. :duck:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

The army has been pretty unobtrusive this time. I suspect that they are pressurizing the police to do what they want. If the police and army start to compete, WOW. The Chinese have a saying--When the elephants are fighting, the monkeys stay in the trees.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

So do they hand out metals for this? Purple heart for Operation Big Screen Soi 80.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

All the brave men and women who work immigration have a chest full of medals. I am not sure what they are for-- Extreme Valour in the face of 90 day reportees.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

It's being reported that some bars are being unfairly targeted more than others by the young soldiers - on a regular basis. A mamasan at one of the bars in question has made a threat that, unless they start paying the bar fines, she will relocate.

migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

GLCQuantum wrote:It's being reported that some bars are being unfairly targeted more than others by the young soldiers - on a regular basis. A mamasan at one of the bars in question has made a threat that, unless they start paying the bar fines, she will relocate.

Who would want to bar fine those?
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I thought we'd established that it wasn't the army (as the title suggests) or the police. It was the DOPA.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

A friend of mine that was visiting his GF in the next village I messaged him to check my house for me and take a couple of photos. I also asked him what's the main town like now the men in green are running the country he told me nothings changed and Farangs are still working behind there bars with no issue's.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

kendo wrote:A friend of mine that was visiting his GF in the next village I messaged him to check my house for me and take a couple of photos. I also asked him what's the main town like now the men in green are running the country he told me nothings changed and Farangs are still working behind there bars with no issue's.
Rural villages will not be affected. It's tourist focused resorts that are getting the special treatment. PR and all that jazz. That's where mainstream and social media focus. Nobody gives a shit about far away peasant communities. As you know, the headman and his henchmen rule village life according to how local landowning barons dictate.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Kendo, your friend is telling the truth. Personally, I don't think I've been affected one bit by the Junta, and I'd be surprised if many have.

Yes we all like to moan a bit, and jump on the criticism band wagon when there's a bit of media hype, but its really business as usual. richard reported this in the OP, but nobody took his beer away. Sex tourism is, as far as I know unaffected. Yes, it appears somebody is playing silly buggers on a beach hundreds of miles South of here. Scams are nothing new - TIT. High season is happening - maybe not as high as some years, but it's happening.

Life carries on as normal AFAIK.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Prasat is a sizeable town the same size as Cha Am. I am interested to know how far away from Hua Hin is it business as usual.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I thought I'd answered that :?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18