Location of Luk Nam Bar?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Location of Luk Nam Bar?

Post by JamesWest »

Anybody know if this place is still open and where it is located?
I did a search but came up negative.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Big Boy

Re: Location of Luk Nam Bar?

Post by Big Boy »

It is basically across from Big C on the Pala-U Road. AFAIK, its still open.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Doesn't really open until 11pm. It's predominately Thai clientele and ideally one should go with a knowledgeable Thai to avoid trouble and scams
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

i tend to agree with richard ,best to go with a tha and its now no smoking inside , it does not get going till late ,its a few years since i last went
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

ste860 wrote:i tend to agree with richard ,best to go with a tha and its now no smoking inside , it does not get going till late ,its a few years since i last went
The toilets are used as smoke rooms. 2 things to remember about the gents when you go for a pee

1) Lot's of smokers in there including women and katoeys

2) Often a Thai attendant will creep up behind you and massage your shoulders in order to a) get a tip and b) relieve you of anything he can nick. Pendants are often removed. Best bet is to just shake your head and say no

Edit........Another point to note is be careful in eying up the ladies. The army and police use the place and after a few sherbets they can get very unruly. If they are not picking a fight between themselves (army and police do not get on) they will pick on a farang who is sizing a girl up that they consider is their property.
Hence my comment about going with a knowledgeable Thai. I've been pushed under a table by a Thai girlfriend when shots have been exchanged between army and police a couple of times in the past.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

I will add that I have been a bunch of times and a good time can be had here. I have never had any problems while here but I have heard the stories mentioned above. Enjoy yourself and just mind your own business and hit the deck if bullets start flying.
telexs
Amateur
Amateur

Post by telexs »

Last time there @ 18mnths ago & many times previous. Mate & I were there nearly every night with 4 to 6 BG's.Good band & good fun.Two of the biggest Thai bouncers I've ever seen on the door.I always tipped them when leaving,never had a problem & always treated well with the rest of the crowd.Go you'll enjoy,especially with a bunch of Thai's.

Telexs
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Looks like they have opened a pre-club bar on the road outside
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Arlo wrote:I will add that I have been a bunch of times and a good time can be had here. I have never had any problems while here but I have heard the stories mentioned above. Enjoy yourself and just mind your own business and hit the deck if bullets start flying.

Sounds like my sort of place so I'll check it out tomorrow night. :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
l112a6

Post by l112a6 »

Big Boy wrote:It is basically across from Big C on the Pala-U Road. AFAIK, its still open.
Is it the big place right next to Big C?

This place seems to be open all night, went there last week and it was dead just a bit of karaoke going on...
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

I think it's opposite Big C.

:cheers: :cheers: