V bar Soi Selekam ladydrinks

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Re: V bar Soi Selekam ladydrinks

Post by Sabai Jai »

As per post by pitsch, yes V bar still operating and very quiet as usuall - never sure why so quiet; They have pool, music / you tube indoor and out door seating with fans etc.

I know a couple of the girls working there at pres (from their previous jobs) they have always been very honest with me and they are quite good fun when you get to know them

Bar is for sale - but aren't most of them?
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

Bar is for sale - but aren't most of them?
No.

But those that are, mostly fall into the same category - dull, characterless boxes with no unique selling point.

They are mostly bought by farangs who think it gives them kudos to be able to tell their friends back home that they 'own a bar in Thailand' but lack the business nous to be able to make a go of it. Very often they install a lazy ex bar girl as mamasan, who makes no effort to promote the place and absorbs any takings. Eventually the owner tires of the losses and it goes back on the market, often to be bought by another muppet.

V bar is not quite the same. It fails because it's a badly designed building in the wrong place. However it could probably work if it was remodelled - that end of Selakam is already a bit of a sleaze alley with ladyboys and massage girls who massage the parts others miss.. - if V bar was re-worked to create a pair of dingy grope bars, it would chime with the theme and probably prosper..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

Panama Bar is out performing most bars at the present time, far too crowded for me to patronise though.
On Selekam, No Name Bar and Aurora Borealis do nicely although not much eye candy.
I feel sorry for decent bars such as Romantic, which have very loud music to contend with from across the road.
Click Bar still selling Singhas for 39thb before 10pm,if visiting be careful as other beers are 150.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Well, Aurora do not do bar girls. It is a regular bar only, but relaxed and very nice environment and no hassel for lady drinks.
YNWA
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

When it comes to bars, the the winners are those who know their target clientele and go the extra mile to make them feel at home.

- Panama works because it appeals to relatively affluent younger guys enjoying a short vacation before embarking on the long grind of marital bliss.

- The Romantic works because it appeals to seasoned players and long stay residents who haven't quite given up the chase yet.

Some bars trade well on Sports and some trade well by targetting visitors from specific nations.

Some bars are competantly run, but aside from attracting skirt chasers, don't have a clear agenda - and seem to struggle as a consequence.

Those who make a point of not providing skirt tend to wind up as virtuous bankrupts however..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...