Chang Party Market Village

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Chang Party Market Village

Post by Pagey »

I haven't seen any posters advertising this annual Xmas event in front of Market Village, however, I spoke to the chicken kebab stall owner in Grand Market and she said she has been asked to put a stall at the Chang Party from Dec 6th and a Filipina singer told me on Tuesday they were the opening act at the Chang party from 6th December.

Anyone seen any posters advertising this event ? It goes on until around 15th January I was told. It's a nice way to pass a couple of hours every now and then.

I am surprised they haven't erected the Christmas tree there yet although I haven't been past for a few days so maybe they are in the process of doing it ? Also come to think of it they need a stage erecting if the party starts tomorrow..... :party:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Re: Chang Party Market Village

Post by Big Boy »

Pagey wrote:I am surprised they haven't erected the Christmas tree there yet although I haven't been past for a few days so maybe they are in the process of doing it ? Also come to think of it they need a stage erecting if the party starts tomorrow.....
I went to have a look yesterday, and there was no sign whatsoever of the usual Christmas decorations, or a stage.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Stage is there today as are the Chang tents. Can't remember when they started it last year but maybe they wanted the kings birthday out of the way first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Thanks for the update Henry.

Man in pub circa 1987.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

When the Chang team are at MV I like to sit & share a jug of draught beer with myself & take in all that's going on around.. :cheers: :cheers:
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Agree. There is so little else going on that the MV Christmas beer garden is a great place to sit back with a beer or two and enjoy the world going by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I haven't been to MV today but if anyone was thinking of going to the Chang party tonight I've just heard the opening is postponed until tomorrow night as the stage isn't ready....... :banghead:

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

They've mowed the front lawn and put the Christmas Tree up today.
DSC01005.jpg
DSC01005.jpg (87.31 KiB) Viewed 1953 times
DSC01006.jpg
DSC01006.jpg (86.78 KiB) Viewed 1953 times
DSC01008.jpg
DSC01008.jpg (81.67 KiB) Viewed 1953 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

:mrgreen:

Gotta cringe at that first Xmas tree photo BB. Look at the old chap sitting on the bench with a lady young enough to be his granddaughter. For some reason she seems to be more interested in her tablet. :wink:

Maybe she is his granddaughter. In which case my comment is way off base. :P
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Big Boy wrote:They've mowed the front lawn and put the Christmas Tree up today.
I see we used the same vantage point.
x-20141210-04049-760.jpg
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

GLCQuantum wrote::mrgreen:

Gotta cringe at that first Xmas tree photo BB. Look at the old chap sitting on the bench with a lady young enough to be his granddaughter.
Why cringe, maybe it is his granddaughter?

I have a Thai daughter, plus a 15 and 10 year old granddaughter. It is easy to draw the wrong conclusions.

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Homer wrote:I see we used the same vantage point.
Yes I was watching them earlier in the day also. I think the grass (at the moment anyway) is really effective, and gives it a village green effect. Should look even better when the angels go up - today?

Points 48; Position 18
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Big Boy wrote:
Homer wrote:I see we used the same vantage point.
Yes I was watching them earlier in the day also. I think the grass (at the moment anyway) is really effective, and gives it a village green effect. Should look even better when the angels go up - today?
Better but harder to compose a shot without the background being too busy. Taken yesterday, don't know when they were erected.
MauledAngels-04210.jpg
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

That's the first time I've seen them put this tree up using safety harnesses. Health and safety in Thailand!! Now there's a first.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Pretty decent concert last night on the stage there Nice atmosphere with all the lights and holiday decorations and most of the tables were full of westerners.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?