Bars shutting at 6pm?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Re: Bars shutting at 6pm?

Post by Henry 14th »

GLCQuantum wrote:
appleman_thai wrote: Cannot sell beer, today is an erection day (he meant election).
Considering that Thais find it difficult to pronounce the letter 'r' and instead use an 'l', I read to understand that you're just another Thai bashing sex tourist that got on his high chair because he couldn't get drunk and (as you mentioned) follow through with your 'cock chasing tail'. If you really wanted to have a beer, there are plenty of places away from the town center (and from the prostitutes... unforunately for some) that you can quench your thirst.
I give up. I'm going home!
Doubt that you will be missed much. The Thais don't respect us that much anyhow. Sex tourists 'chasing tail' they respect far less.
For someone who takes such a firm moral stance, I am surprised that you were trying to encourage Mr apple man to break the law by hunting an out of town illegal drink. Shame on you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Children, please grow up or you'll be doing detention!
Everyone knows that the alcohol rules are only applied to tourist areas (Why, we'll never know) and it's so easy to get a drink in almost anywhere outside of the town.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

GLCQuantum wrote:I read to understand that you're just another Thai bashing sex tourist that got on his high chair because he couldn't get drunk and (as you mentioned) follow through with your 'cock chasing tail'. If you really wanted to have a beer, there are plenty of places away from the town center (and from the prostitutes... unforunately for some) that you can quench your thirst.
I give up. I'm going home!
Doubt that you will be missed much. The Thais don't respect us that much anyhow. Sex tourists 'chasing tail' they respect far less.
I think you should apologise mate. Some pretty unjustified comments there (I'm being polite) considering all the guy talks about is his frustration at not being able to grab a beer, due to some localised application of the election rules. This is getting a bit of a habit on your part.
Talk is cheap
Bazoo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bazoo »

As a tourist I find some of comments in here totally unacceptable, firstly I am here with my wife and whilst some of you behave in a particular way does not mean all of our morals are equal. we are not sex tourists, we are here for the 5th time and enjoy everything the area has to offer.

As for the comment regarding the volume of tourists and wanting to move - maybe you should do just that. This is a tourist town. We spend copious amount of money here willingly and I would hope that the way we freely spend our cash is appreciated.

I really had to edit myself there because one day I will move here
eatuae

Post by eatuae »

I find it amazing that some of the people who post on here actually live in Hua Hin
They seem to moan about everything Thai
If they don't like it get out this is their country their rules that we should live by
Go back to your home countries if you don't lime it
Sorry but needed to be said
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Hobiecat wrote:
appleman_thai wrote:WTF. I'm in Hua Hin, it's trying to recover from a crap tourist season.
FYI, I've seen more tourist's in Hua Hin this year that any of the last 10 years I've lived here. As a local resident it's time to think about relocating. :blues:

Excellent idea...goodbye..

To the last 2 posters may I humbly :roll: apologize for the ignorant comments from some of our residents,one of whom doesn't actually live in HH and most people generally ignore him anyway.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

eatuae wrote:I find it amazing that some of the people who post on here actually live in Hua Hin
They seem to moan about everything Thai
If they don't like it get out this is their country their rules that we should live by
Go back to your home countries if you don't lime it
Sorry but needed to be said
No it doesn't, you're generalising. This thread is about one subject that seems a particular issue in Hua Hin.
Talk is cheap
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Bazoo wrote:As a tourist I find some of comments in here totally unacceptable, firstly I am here with my wife and whilst some of you behave in a particular way does not mean all of our morals are equal. we are not sex tourists, we are here for the 5th time and enjoy everything the area has to offer.

As for the comment regarding the volume of tourists and wanting to move - maybe you should do just that. This is a tourist town. We spend copious amount of money here willingly and I would hope that the way we freely spend our cash is appreciated.

I really had to edit myself there because one day I will move here

Take no notice of the comments you mention. GLCQuantum is our resident out of town part time Human Rights Watch activist, and as others have pointed out, very few people take his posts seriously. :thumb:

Other posts concerning too many tourists being here also shouldn't be taken personally. Some of the expats who live here moved here years ago when things were still relatively quiet, and now they find themselves in the center of a chaotic town and everything else that comes with it. They don't hate or dislike tourists as such. They just wish things were still the same as they were before.

I'm sure you'll find that most of the members on this forum are a really nice bunch, regardless of some comments that appear every once in a while. Enjoy your stay. :cheers: :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Agree with that Takiap, nice post. :thumb:
Talk is cheap
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

sateeb wrote:
Hobiecat wrote:
appleman_thai wrote:WTF. I'm in Hua Hin, it's trying to recover from a crap tourist season.
FYI, I've seen more tourist's in Hua Hin this year that any of the last 10 years I've lived here. As a local resident it's time to think about relocating. :blues:

Excellent idea...goodbye..

To the last 2 posters may I humbly :roll: apologize for the ignorant comments from some of our residents,one of whom doesn't actually live in HH and most people generally ignore him anyway.
And there is indeed an 'ignore' feature Sateeb, so why don't you make the most of it... Oh yes, I forgot... you just can't help yourself.
As a tourist I find some of comments in here totally unacceptable, firstly I am here with my wife and whilst some of you behave in a particular way does not mean all of our morals are equal. we are not sex tourists, we are here for the 5th time and enjoy everything the area has to offer.
Please accept my apologies Bazoo. I, of course, wasn't talking about all tourists. I noted the mention of 'cock chasing tail' in a post and there's generally only one place that that happens - the red light area.

My 89 year old Grandma is out on holiday again right now. Fairly sure she's not a sex tourist either. :D
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Another stupid, bars closing weekend. Of course there will be a few places open to watch sports and drink out of paper cups, but sure kills the atmosphere. Lots of people leave as soon as April comes, would have been nice to have a big finish to march.
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

Last weekend I went to the new Thaiwaii bar located out near Pak Nam Pran. Great live music. That day they had a Pink Floyd tribute band from Singapore. I thought it was great. They usually have live music on the weekends and anyone can join that can play music or sing. They are not effected by the closings. Great atmosphere also good food. They have a Facebook page.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Is that run/owned, by the American who used to have the ThaiWaii bar and restaurant on Soi 80? They had excellent pizza!
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

hhfarang wrote:Is that run/owned, by the American who used to have the ThaiWaii bar and restaurant on Soi 80? They had excellent pizza!

Yes it is and they pretty much have the same menu with the same good pizzas.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Where is it?