Bar Restrictions During Election

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Bar Restrictions During Election

Post by Gus »

Any news on bar closures/alcohol sales for the two weekends of the elections?
I guess it is a case of music off, lights almost off, no tabs and then soft drinks or 'coffee' as long as you are known at that bar.

I do not know HH like you residents, but I think even the BIB owned places may have to take a hit.
It is 6 Nations as well next weekend, France v England is Saturday midnight start.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Re: Bar Restrictions During Election

Post by blue05 »

the elections are usually the strictest, the day before and the day of election are usually dry
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Let's see if there will be an election at all!
A friend is only one click away
Timb-uk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Timb-uk »

Please can someone tell me what dates the elections are due to be held ?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Timb-uk wrote:Please can someone tell me what dates the elections are due to be held ?
Timb-uk-2-Feb
yankee99
Novice
Novice

Post by yankee99 »

most restaurants will be serving a full bar menu
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

It's usually only the likes of Binta bars and soi 80 bars that get hit. Once you reach the outskirts of town, it's business as usual.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

Gus wrote:Any news on bar closures/alcohol sales for the two weekends of the elections?
I guess it is a case of music off, lights almost off, no tabs and then soft drinks or 'coffee' as long as you are known at that bar.

I do not know HH like you residents, but I think even the BIB owned places may have to take a hit.
It is 6 Nations as well next weekend, France v England is Saturday midnight start.
You must have read that there is serious doubt that the elections will even take place on 2 Feb but I guess this will be known by the week-end - so just hang on for a bit!
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
t1ggyw1ggy10

Post by t1ggyw1ggy10 »

I hope the elections don't take place . My 50 th birthday is on the 1st feb .i think that shoul take priority !!
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

I have brought a litre bottle of Scotch from Heathrow just in case, only blended Bells but less than £14 for a litre is OK.
I asked at Buckleys last night and they were still waiting for the Police to tell them about any closures.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Yet another time when tourists to Thailand get the chance to take home some lasting memories..like not being able to buy drinks while on vacation in 'Paradise City'.. :tsk:
( "Well darling, shall we book a Thai holiday again next year"?)

My Mrs still thinks there could be no voting here in HH..?
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Right then you bunch of party-animals...the MIB have just paid us a visit, & the news from them is..
Bars closed day & night on Sat. 1st.
Bars closed on Sun 2nd untill 6pm in the evening..Then open as 'normal'.
(The 6pm re-opening of bars can be scrapped by the police without notice..thus keeping bars closed for 2 whole days/nights..they've done this before to us).
My wife says the same restrictions on the sale of beer etc. applies to restaurants also.
If you've a rather large coffee mug take this out with you to the restaurant..-5-5-5. :cheers:
Timb-uk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Timb-uk »

Does this include the bar within a hotel ?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Yes it is bizarre. Close all the places where the non voting farang drink. Meanwhile places where voters drink are serving booze. Thailand love it or leave it.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Timb-uk (how ya doin?)...most major hotels seem to be above any laws implemented & will serve beer etc no problem..I was reminded by ex-pats tonight that everytime the town's bars are closed the guests at the Hilton are served drinks as normal.. :cuss:
Tonight the 'girlie' bar square was heaving with tourists spending big bucks, every bar was busy...millions of Baht has been taken over the counters..think of the loss of one-way-cash nationwide that will be lost tomorrow night because the folk on holiday here cannot spend their holiday money on drinks...
...as Billy Connelly once said.."They're missing the f*****g point here a wee bit"... :banghead:

Hope you find some cold beer to enjoy tomorrow mate.. :cheers: