can't drink beer - are alternatives safe?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
code4
Rookie
Rookie

can't drink beer - are alternatives safe?

Post by code4 »

im on a gluten free diet, and shouldnt drink beer...how safe is it drinking mixed drinks at the bars?? or should i suck it up and just drink beer for added saFETY.. ....watered down liquor or getting drugged...thanks in advance
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Re: can't drink beer

Post by sand_dancer »

code4 wrote:im on a gluten free diet, and shouldnt drink beer...how safe is it drinking mixed drinks at the bars?? or should i suck it up and just drink beer for added saFETY.. ....watered down liquor or getting drugged...thanks in advance
Code 4

Do what you normally do.....

If you are sensible...... Your safety here is no different from your safety anywhere.....

And HH is far safer than many other parts of the world......

Enjoy....

:cheers:
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Plenty of other things for you to drink Breezers Spy Coolers etc no worries there.
Hua Hin is very safe in my opinion but not without the odd incident but as far as Thai tourist resorts go its good more of a family resort that,as I have already said its not to in yer face but plenty of fun can be found if you want it.
If you want to meet the worst of Thais and a lot of unsavoury farangs then Pattaya would be more for you it's very hedonistic and not the relaxing holiday you where seeking.

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Wine then my man.

Most places are OK for spirits so don't be too paranoid about getting drugged. It does happen but not very frequently and usually only in suspect bars with ladyboys running rampantly wild in them etc., plus you are probably OK in HH generally.

Most places will let you take your own bottle in and just buy mixers anyhow, so can go down that route too.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Re: can't drink beer - are alternatives safe?

Post by jimmy40 »

Yes, but remember my problem there about 2 years ago, I think as said above go over to the bottle mixers.
But generally safe. I may have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time and I was alone when knocked so to speak :(
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: can't drink beer - are alternatives safe?

Post by STEVE G »

Do you drink scotch? This stuff is not bad considering what they sell it for:
Attachments
benmore.jpeg
benmore.jpeg (5.22 KiB) Viewed 1583 times