Information on V Bar (was up2u bar)

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Information on V Bar (was up2u bar)

Post by margaretcarnes »

Korkenzieher wrote:I think the 'juice with lots of ice' pretending to be a lady drink must be one of the oldest scams in Thailand.
Re. lady drinks. To be honest there is (ideally) a 2 tier system. Tourists are considered fair game for the coke on ice - or preferably IMO a small Sangsom and a lot of Coke. In any case no bar owner or MamaSan wants their girls p.....d out of their heads.
Expats and regular visitors who know the score are quite within their rights to insist that a girl has a 'proper' drink, and often the girls will recognise those customers, and know they are usually on a loser anyway as far as a bar fine goes.
Ultimately the owner can make all the rules in the world, but is still very dependant on their Mamasan to enforce them.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

And now it is for sale again. Only months ago it was bought by two dutch guys who made no secret that their plan was to redo and flip. They sold it, it can't be more than 4-6 months ago, now it is for sale again.
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

Jose wrote:Having said all this maybe the up2u bar would have benefited from the previous owner not playing his own music..
Interesting that you said that, I remember when it first opened the owner was sitting there at the end of the bar with his laptop playing his own music, ranging from Dire Straits, to another Dire Straits song and then Abba and another Abba song. Way to keep up with the times! There is NOTHING I hate more than an owner who sits in the corner playing his own crap. My friend and I asked him if he could play something more modern and he gave us the evil eye. Ok fine, you want to spend all your money refurbishing a great looking bar just to play your own music every night be my guest, the bar is there to make money and that means you need to keep punters in there buying drinks. I will never frequent that establishment again. There is a time and place for Dire Straits and its NOT on a Saturday night at 10pm!
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

jumusman wrote:My friend and I asked him if he could play something more modern
More 'modern' would make me look elsewhere. Horses for courses and all that.
Talk is cheap
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

...and then Abba and another Abba song. Way to keep up with the times! There is NOTHING I hate more than an owner who sits in the corner playing his own crap.
There are too many Swedes in Hua Hin to go around accusing Abba of being crap!
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

Try speaking to the Norwegians then - they will tell you in no uncertain terms!
Had enough of the trolls. Going to sleep. I may be some time....
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Aha :)
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.