Very Late Night Entertainment

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Very Late Night Entertainment

Post by hhfarang »

Where I grew up the bars (like most here) closed (strictly) at 2 a.m. by law and I did close them down many nights but that was always enough for me as I usually had to be at work by 8 a.m. A few times when I was testing some software that required me to use the mainframe system (shut it down to other users) I had to test my code between midnight and 7 a.m. and I did actually go directly from the bar to work many nights during those times, but I was in my twenties. :(
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

Here in the Middle East where, for those that have never been here, I can assure you there is no shortage of nightlife, even in places such as Saudi (aka The Magic Kingdom) and Kuwait albeit in those places there is no (officially sanctioned) alcohol sales, people regularly start their evenings out after 9:00pm and it's not unusual not to be able to get a table at some of the more popular establishments at midnight. Needless to say things go pretty full bore through the night and I can remember many a breakfast taken in the Highland Lodge in Dubai after a night long session.

I work in the oil & gas and petrochem construction business, which is a notoriously work hard, play hard environment and in my 20s & 30s did everything to the max and beyond; in my 40s I started to slow down a tad and now in my 50s I am definitely beyond all of those mad, bad good old days, but still probably play harder than many men my age and that is probably because most of the others are too sensible to do some of the stupid s**t that I do. I keep reasuring my wife that I will grow up and act my age one of these days, but then I've been telling her that for 20 years!! :naughty: :dance: :dance: :dance:

:party:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
advocate
Professional
Professional

Post by advocate »

I have seen some very large, strong, but arrogant falangs get the crap kicked out of them by the Thais. Usually after 2 am when most of the bar goers are drunk. Most of the "victims" are tourists or new expats.

I have seen an almost 2 meter tall and heavy young falang man kicked in the head by a small Thai and knocked out cold.

The Thais see no shame on ganging up on an asshole falang and even the bar girls will lend a hand or a foot and have been known to use weapons as well. Chairs and bottles are a favorite.

I asked my Thai male friend why they see no shame about fighting with overwhelming numbers. He said that usually falang are much larger than the Thais and so it's ok to even or beat the odds. He says this is his country and they will do anything to protect their country and the Thai people. He is also of the opinion that the fights are caused by the falangs showing arrogance, disdain, and disrespect.

The doc is right, most violence is after 1-2 am. If you do want to party after that time, best to keep your wits about you and don't get completely pissed. Whatever you do, avoid confrontation. smile, and keep your cool. Better to back away. That little 50kg Thai has more backup than you do and you will be very unpleasantly surprised at just how well they can handle themselves, esp with 10 of their friends jumping you.
roleade
Novice
Novice

Post by roleade »

thx for this topic
JAHoustonTexas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JAHoustonTexas »

I agree with Roleade. This is really good advice.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

advocate wrote:I have seen some very large, strong, but arrogant falangs get the crap kicked out of them by the Thais. Usually after 2 am when most of the bar goers are drunk. Most of the "victims" are tourists or new expats.

I have seen an almost 2 meter tall and heavy young falang man kicked in the head by a small Thai and knocked out cold.

The Thais see no shame on ganging up on an asshole falang and even the bar girls will lend a hand or a foot and have been known to use weapons as well. Chairs and bottles are a favorite.

I asked my Thai male friend why they see no shame about fighting with overwhelming numbers. He said that usually falang are much larger than the Thais and so it's ok to even or beat the odds. He says this is his country and they will do anything to protect their country and the Thai people. He is also of the opinion that the fights are caused by the falangs showing arrogance, disdain, and disrespect.

The doc is right, most violence is after 1-2 am. If you do want to party after that time, best to keep your wits about you and don't get completely pissed. Whatever you do, avoid confrontation. smile, and keep your cool. Better to back away. That little 50kg Thai has more backup than you do and you will be very unpleasantly surprised at just how well they can handle themselves, esp with 10 of their friends jumping you.
Yes. One more: leave the tuff guy act back home. Shaved head and tattoos won't be much help, either.
Happiness can't buy money
Chomps
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Chomps »

advocate wrote:I have seen some very large, strong, but arrogant falangs get the crap kicked out of them by the Thais. Usually after 2 am when most of the bar goers are drunk. Most of the "victims" are tourists or new expats.

Thanks for this advice! It shall be taken on board and I'll have to try and not get too smashed each night then lol
Doggles
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Doggles »

Has anyone frequented the Insomnia night club on soi 88? If so is it farang friendly? The one in Bangkok is quite cool but I don't the HH one is from the same stable.

Cheers!!
So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you Doggles, I've often wondered what it was in there. I've been past it at all hours of the day and night, but never seen any activity there. I've asked both my wife and my daughter what it was, and they couldn't tell me - actually, one answer I got was that it was where people went to work :?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Doggles
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Doggles »

Big Boy wrote:Thank you Doggles, I've often wondered what it was in there. I've been past it at all hours of the day and night, but never seen any activity there. I've asked both my wife and my daughter what it was, and they couldn't tell me - actually, one answer I got was that it was where people went to work :?
Dance floor looks like a bit of death trap...

Personally I like some space to bust my moves without having to be mindful of water hazard :wink:

It does look rather Thai though, unsure if a happy, young lad like me would be welcome.
So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:shock: Wow!! That's the nearest thing I've seen to a Go Go Bar in Hua Hin :shock:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Big Boy wrote::shock: Wow!! That's the nearest thing I've seen to a Go Go Bar in Hua Hin :shock:
Oh OK, in that case I will have a look at the link! :laugh:
This is the way
Doggles
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Doggles »

Big Boy wrote::shock: Wow!! That's the nearest thing I've seen to a Go Go Bar in Hua Hin :shock:
Nearest thing I've seen to "It's a Knockout", needs a Stu Green commentary :D
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Yeah, fair enough, BB - walked straight into that one!! :cuss: :banghead: :laugh:
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I couldn't see Richard in the audience............unless it was him holding the camera :laugh: