Bars on Soi 80 (incl photos)

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Re: Bars on Soi 80 (incl photos)

Post by theprice01 »

I cant remember the name but it was one of the larger fronted bar, about 2/3 towards the railway rd.
I'm sure it used to do Dutch food too
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

[Mod Edit] Your earlier post was moved to the appropriate forum.
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

Richard, yes, they have finished it... i assume thats the look there going for?! (cold, unwelcoming)
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
Big Boy

Re: Why do farang buy bars?

Post by Big Boy »

theprice01 on another thread wrote:...no wonder why so many new bars are opening on railway road (7 in the last 6 months?)
7? Are we talking the stretch Soi 88 to the railway station? I can think of 4 in the last 6 months.

I'm not doubting you, but could you name the 7 please? I'd like to get them added to the next Soi 80 map, but I can only think of 4 - 5 if King Kong has re-opened.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

^ (1) king kong was cut in half from its former size, next door being (2) apri & airy 2 or some such name. (3) €insteins opened a few days ago, almost opposite the indian restaurant. (4)'Baby bar' opened last night which is next to the now closed (5)'Shooters' bar & restaurant (only opened for 2/3 months max.)
(6) Kangeroo bar
(7) Bia bar (opens daily however still has the for sale sign up)
:D
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

Hangover Bar also, but the shutters have been down for a day or two.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

theprice01 wrote:^ (1) king kong was cut in half from its former size, next door being (2) apri & airy 2 or some such name. (3) €insteins opened a few days ago, almost opposite the indian restaurant. (4)'Baby bar' opened last night which is next to the now closed (5)'Shooters' bar & restaurant (only opened for 2/3 months max.)
(6) Kangeroo bar
(7) Bia bar (opens daily however still has the for sale sign up)
:D
Thank you.

I've just had a look as I drove that way. I spotted Arri2 & Al, Kangaroo and Baby Bar. I looked for Hangover Bar, which I've seen numerous times, but it didn't seem to be there today :? .

King Kong and Bia were definitely over 6 months ago, in fact Bia is over 30 months ago.

I didn't see either €insteins or Shooter's Bar - will look again now that I know what I'm looking for.

So that's a definite 4, possibly 6 bars that have opened there in the last 6 months.

Points 41; Position 18
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Hangover Bar isn't in the same area, it's more towards soi 88
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Pagey wrote:Hangover Bar isn't in the same area, it's more towards soi 88
Yes, I've seen it, and haven't included it until now because it is out of the zone. However, if more bars do start appearing, the zone might need to move,

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I don't quite understand what all this research and drawing new maps is all about. Te bars change all the time, new names, new ownership, new girls etc. What is the point of all this work, who is it serving?
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

oakdale160 wrote:I don't quite understand what all this research and drawing new maps is all about. Te bars change all the time, new names, new ownership, new girls etc. What is the point of all this work, who is it serving?
It's a massively useful resource to those of us who are less familiar with the town. I have arranged to meet people in "bar x" and am able to easily find it with the help of these maps.

I'm grateful for all the effort that is put in.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I'd agree with that, generally I have a local bar in Hua Hin that I stick to but occasionally someone will suggest going somewhere else for pool tournaments or whatever and the maps are a big help in finding them.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

theprice01 wrote:(3) €insteins opened a few days ago, almost opposite the indian restaurant - spotted that one. It used to be Jampa Bar
(5)'Shooters' bar & restaurant (only opened for 2/3 months max.) - can't find that was. When you say, "Opened," does that mean its closed again?

Points 41; Position 18
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

^ yes shooters is closed now, but sign is still up, its next to 'Baby Bar'.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:laugh: I should've gone to Specsavers. Now I know where :oops: , I'll keep an eye open anyway - thanks.

Points 41; Position 18