Wifi in bars?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Wifi in bars?

Post by richard »

Pleng wrote:I think it's publicly funded. You can only use it for 30 mins at a time if I recall correctly.
When I used to use it a couple of years ago I got a 2 hour stretch and then cut off but almost immediate reconnected

I can get it in most parts of binta and town but now unnecessary as so many bars and restaurants offer it free
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

uncle tom wrote:
As was mentioned in some of the earlier replies, a number of the bars offer free wifi, so just find one you like and your problem is solved.
But quite a lot of bars (probably most of them) don't have a fixed telephone line.

A good wifi signal that covered the whole area would not only be a great advantage to them, but would also enable those places that are only retaining a fixed line for internet purposes to dispense with ToT.

BUT the hotels do
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

uncle tom wrote:
A good wifi signal that covered the whole area would not only be a great advantage to them, but would also enable those places that are only retaining a fixed line for internet purposes to dispense with ToT.
So probably the very reason why it doesn't exist - TOT certainly wouldn't be very happy would they.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

You will notice in many bars their music is online with YouTube so there are plenty of access points. When I cruise the block it's a case of choosing the strongest signal
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

chopsticks
Guru
Guru

Post by chopsticks »

Is it too risky to use for purchases, on-line banking etc. ?
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

So probably the very reason why it doesn't exist - TOT certainly wouldn't be very happy would they.
If ToT had any clout, the likes of Citywide would never have got off the ground..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
monkeyloafer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by monkeyloafer »

I'm coming to HH in a couple of days. Looking forward to it plenty. In Laos now and wifi speeds are slow. Can you get fast wifi in the bars in HH?
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

Can you get fast wifi in the bars in HH?
All things are relative, and it depends on whether everything is working OK; but when all is well, the wifi speed in HH is normally fine for streaming low definition video, which is fast enough for for most purposes.

Events, however, can sometimes hobble things - Thailand is long way from most of the servers that the average visitor wants to access..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...