Advice on Hua Hin nightlife

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Re: Advice on Hua Hin nightlife

Post by johnnyk »

jakestevernson wrote:Guys more info on this topic would be appreciated.

JS
OK.
There are no go-gos, I have heard HM The King disapproves.
There are no soapies.
Happy ending massage parlours on soi Selekam near El Murphy's, others across from Sofitel.
There are discos and beer bars in the soi Binthabaht area, just walk around. After hours disco near the Hilton, many BGs there after the bars close.
Low-key no hassle expat bars w/girls on soi 80.
Check the map here on the forum, the rest is up to you.
Chok dee.
Happiness can't buy money
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

osirus wrote:Is the Hilton really the best place to start? On my trips there it's filled with 80 year old british couple and some bird wailing the soundtrack from Titanic.
Its junk for nightlife. But it is a landmark that can be seen easily and if he heads for it he will find the nightlife area.
Happiness can't buy money
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

Guys more info on this topic would be appreciated.
From first impressions online, you might get the impression that HH's nightlife is an also-ran in Thailand - until, that is, you get to know the place properly.

OK, it lacks some of the cruder pleasures of the other nightspots, but on the other hand, most of the girls are far more genuine that those you will find elsewhere. Most bars treat their girls like family - you won't see a girl wearing a number in HH.

It's not hard to forge enduring friendships with the bar owners, and many customers end up happily hitched to a girl they met there..

If you're on your own, and you've not indulged a Thai bar district before, head down into the centre of town around dusk, and look for the Hilton tower as a landmark. You will probably find yourself approaching the Hilton from the Beach road. Just as you get to it there is a narrow lane on the left called Soi Bintabaht.

There's plenty of good bars in that street and those adjoining, and plenty of girls. However, if you want to meet up with some seasoned customers to give you good advice, the Romantic Bar (which is two thirds down on the right) is a very good place to kick off..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
jakestevernson
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jakestevernson »

Uncle Tom and Jonny K, I owe you both a beer! Thanks for the info. I will be there by myself for 2-3 nights so a bit of nightlife at the places you recommended is welcomed. I will find a hotel near the nightlife and hire a motorbike to get a round (beach/gym/restaurant).

JS
The Matador
Novice
Novice

Post by The Matador »

look nam pub is nice thai live band and many girls
ragthai
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ragthai »

If u mess with the girls in Look Nam u could get in trouble easily....