AC/DC playing at El Murphy's

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: AC/DC playing at El Murphy's

Post by Homer »

jimmy40 wrote:Hi Homer, mate i am sure if you talk to Eddy if you have any problems he would sort it out, The team there bend over backwards to serve me. I go there a bit and never have any problems. As for staff, well they change often so you may have just hit a bad day or 2. And if you don't say anything how would anyone know. Hopefully ill see you there again?
I did say something on the problems that could be corrected without remaking the food or retraining the staff. When a restaurant sends food out of a kitchen that is clearly substandard, e.g., the hamburger sitting in cole slaw dressing, they are very clearly saying one or more of the following: 1) We don't know what we're doing, 2) We're mainly here to separate you from your money, 3) We don't want you back as a customer. Why talk to the manager or owner? He's the one who has failed. I'm rarely impressed by somebody who can correct something they should have gotten right the first time.
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Post by jimmy40 »

Sorry to hear you tried :banghead: I can only say i have had only good food and cold beer there :cheers:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Homer

Sometimes staff are confused and don't want to lose face by going to the boss or supervisor.

Best to tell the boss and his job should be to correct it and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Having said that, if the boss is not there you run the risk of shoddy service and shoddy goods. The best run places in HH are usually those where the boss is present and playing an active supervisory roll
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We popped in for the full set yesterday. The last time we actually saw the band was 3 years ago when they were playing in the Gene Genie Bar. Their routine hasn't changed much, but it was a fantastic night. How do those guys manage to play with such enthusiasm night after night?

By the end of the night people were actually dancing on the tables (having found a strong chair, I didn't think I'd chance my luck with a table :wink: ).

The band made my son's night afterwards, chatting, and posing for photos with him.

The one downside - it was too bloody cold in there. Murph, you could save yourself a baht or two by knocking the temperature of the aircon up a notch or two. It'll be woolly pullies next time :D .
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18