Will Christiano Ronaldo dare play in England again?

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.

Will Christiano Ronaldo dare play in England again?

Yes with Man Utd
36%
Yes with another team
No votes
No, he'll go to Real Madrid
64%

Total votes: 14

Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

The Scottish invented football and cleverly included 'penalty shoot-outs' in the rules, just to f*** us Engerlish up.

They are still confused over one of their own rules though .... that their goal-keepers are allowed to use their hands.

Burger
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Jockey - as per another thread, you really do have much time on your hands, but a funny tale - thanks.

Interestingly, my nephew in Oz was taught by his Italian "soccer" loving teacher, that the Italians invented football, which is really funny when you think how young the Country is?

Maybe a Scottish emigre that got lost en route to the new world (England), landed there and had a footy with him?

The English, can of course, claim 100% credit for taking the game to Argentina. Not sure of the relevance of that, but I thought I'd throw it in!
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I wrote:
Anyway, lets forget about inferior teams, I've just come across this picture of the Portugese training ground, which I though might interest some:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/neal.oliver01/Portugal.jpg
I've just posted it, so it may take up to an hour to work.
I've just tried the link, and realised it didn't work - sorry. Please try this link instead:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/neal.oliver01/portugal.jpg
A stupid capital P!
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

What I read in Malaysia's unbiased (soccerwise anyway) press.

The referee was interviewd about the sending off of Rooney.

Q Why was he sent off.
A Because of the violence of the tackle on Carvalho.
Q Why did it take so long for you to produce the red card.
A I saw a lot of pushing and shoving going on between players and was determined not to be distracted by it but had to ensure no further offence was committed. I saw nothing bookable. I then gave Rooney a red card for his tackle.
Q Why were players not penalised for their diving.
A I was instructed by FIFA not to issue cautions to payers who fell over after a tackle unless it was obviously intended. I saw no such offence.

In another article in the same paper relating to the Italian Club's crisis focussing on Juventus it stated that the coach had resigned and taken up by Real Madrid as he did not wish to become involved in trhe scandal.

Hea stated that he was signing Christiano Renaldo and Arjen Robben for Real next week.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The referee said:
I was instructed by FIFA not to issue cautions to payers who fell over after a tackle unless it was obviously intended. I saw no such offence.
No he was told to award points based on technical ability and levels of difficulty.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Big Boy wrote:The referee said:
I was instructed by FIFA not to issue cautions to payers who fell over after a tackle unless it was obviously intended. I saw no such offence.
No he was told to award points based on technical ability and levels of difficulty.
That one needs some explanation. The quote was from an interview that the journalist claimed to have had with the Argentine Referee.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Manchester United have declared that Christiano Ronaldo is not available, and that his contract runs until 2010
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 172102.stm
His reception in the English Premiership should be interesting next season. After all of his bad press, I wonder if he'll continue to get away with his cheating?

Points 48; Position 18