Fifa World Cup English Commentry

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
percy
Rookie
Rookie

english soundtrack

Post by percy »

just been speaking to a mate of mine has a hotel at dolphin bay he was told by the company who have the rights to world cup that it would cost him 400 thousand bht for english soundtrack for all the world cup ???

percy
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

YOU CAN HEAR ENGLISH COMMENTRY AT

http://thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006260665,00.html

Media is here :- http://clients.mediaondemand.net/theSun/?Channel=1

I AM LISTENING TO IT NOW!!!!
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Many thanks Jockey. I have it working also.

The problem now is the picture. The celebrations are still running despite what the Thai people have told me and are getting priority over the World Cup. Not surprising really considering the enormoty of the event.

I have found a channel on cable and run the Sun sound site and for the first time I have managed an English commentary with the same match on view. The problem is that the sound is about 15 seconds after the picture.

I can only hope that maybe the Thai TV stations, when they start showing games will have a similar delay.

Strange thing about the Sun site is that is owned by NI who also own ESPN and Sky who are not showing the matches in Thailand. I wonder how NI get round the IP blocking issue but the BBC can not.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Another I am looking at is getting sound transmitted of a distance of less than 100 metres.

Souns is coming by satelite and can easily be connected to a PC soundcard input. The second PC is situated 100 metres away but the hardwire possibility is not feasible.

Does any body have a sugestion as to how to get the sound from one to anoher.

The two areas I have considered are low powered FM (radio) and streaming over IP. Both machines are connected to the Internet.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

My advice, turn on to the channel with no commentry and turn the sound right up - its great! :D :cheers:
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I've just read that it's estimated that Thailand will lose 2 billion Baht in tourist revenue over TWC.
Europeans/Scandanavians are preferring to sit at home and watch the games, rather than come over here.
Maybe if Thailand had done more to promote watching the tournament here, put on some English commentary and not closed the bars down so the late game couldn't be seen (short of a lock-in), it might have helped some. TIT.