Premier League 2017-2018

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Premier League 2017-2018

Post by caller »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:25 amI couldn't agree more- while looking the other day I was invited to take part in a survey - I normally don't bother but was so incensed by what they have done I did and believe I I included the words " it is crap" and "go back to how it was before" - I'm not holding my breath though!
Yes, I did the same. Its truly dreadful.
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ and I....twice, as if you go back you can take the survey again. I assume endless times if you have the time and energy. We talk about BBC salaries and costs. Good example of a Gov org with too many middle/lower level people with not enough to do....so they invent things to change!
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

If you're looking for a source to replace the BBC for fixtures, results, standings etc., the below seems good. Any others you think better than the below please post. Pete :cheers:

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/football/e ... er-league/
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Wot,3 weeks into the season and no posts ! :guns:
I thought Arsenals gutless performance against Liverpool might have had some of you writing in ?
Just what was going on with Wengers team selection ?

Why did he not start with record signing Lacazette ?
For the second season running he's starting without Giroud,a decent striker at EPL level who can guarantee you around 20 goals a season.
Two of Arsenals centre backs were the inexperienced Holding and Monreal,normally a wing back and they were hopelessly exposed at times.Also,normal right back Bellerin,was playing left back in the first half for some reason ? What has happened to central defenders Mertesaker and Kolasinac ? Arsenals line up looked completely unbalanced.
Sanchez had the air of a man who wondered what he was still doing at Arsenal and could well be on his way to Manchester City in the next few days.
Champions League football for Arsenal next season ? Top half of the EPL looks doubtful on this display.

I think the title will be between Manchester City,Chelsea,Liverpool and Manchester United this season.Spurs could well miss out with playing their home games at Wembley this time.
Liverpool were superb going forward......Firmino,Mane,Salah.....who needs Coutinho ?.....Baa Baa would have been proud ! :rasta:
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Couldn`t have put it better Zidane. A complete shambles, I`ve never been much of a one for "Wenger oiut" but something has to be done. Meanwhile Kroenke sits in one of his ranches pulling in the millions.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Zidane wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:53 am Wot,3 weeks into the season and no posts ! :guns:
I thought Arsenals gutless performance against Liverpool might have had some of you writing in ?
Just what was going on with Wengers team selection ?

Why did he not start with record signing Lacazette ?
For the second season running he's starting without Giroud,a decent striker at EPL level who can guarantee you around 20 goals a season.
Two of Arsenals centre backs were the inexperienced Holding and Monreal,normally a wing back and they were hopelessly exposed at times.Also,normal right back Bellerin,was playing left back in the first half for some reason ? What has happened to central defenders Mertesaker and Kolasinac ? Arsenals line up looked completely unbalanced.
Sanchez had the air of a man who wondered what he was still doing at Arsenal and could well be on his way to Manchester City in the next few days.
Champions League football for Arsenal next season ? Top half of the EPL looks doubtful on this display.

I think the title will be between Manchester City,Chelsea,Liverpool and Manchester United this season.Spurs could well miss out with playing their home games at Wembley this time.
Liverpool were superb going forward......Firmino,Mane,Salah.....who needs Coutinho ?.....Baa Baa would have been proud ! :rasta:
Team selection was baffling and the performance was expectant believe it or not!!
Liverpool were great but we made them look world beaters.
Total embarrassment and unfortunately a template for the season, unless a miracle happens between now and the end of the transfer window. :cry:

No Lacazette? Only Wenger knows why.

Giroud is an ok striker, he's not first choice by any means but good to bring on later in the game.

Holding is inexperienced but was one of our best defenders last season.
Monreal is an average left back and in my opinion shouldn't even be in the team, never mind being played as one of the three centre halves!!! :shock:
Kolosinac is a left/wing back, not a centre half.
Bellerin has gone backwards as a performer, doesn't help when being played out of position, as is Oxlade Chamberlain.
All these defensive calamities and there was a £35 million German international centre half on the bench.

Ozil is a luxury player and just not cutting it anymore, should be shipped out asap.
Sanchez, the Ox and Mustafi all want to leave. so there must be something seriously wrong behind the scenes.
We have a massive surplus of bang average players we need to shift before the mad professor will buy anyone, allegedly :roll:

Am I surprised . . . . no . . . do I care . . . . no.
Gone past that stage and I have been saying it long enough now, Wenger is past his sell by date, clueless and in denial.
Should have went out on a temporary high after the FA cup win, his reputation and legacy will probably be in tatters by Christmas. :cuss:

arcadianagain wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:40 pm A complete shambles, I`ve never been much of a one for "Wenger oiut" but something has to be done.
It's taken time, to long, but even the most loyal Wenger fans are turning.
Unfortunately, 5 years to late in my opinion and god forbid, we could have another two years of this crap if nothing is done!!!!!
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

That was the first live football I watched this season, knowimg full well that Arsenal's decline will continue.

Wasn't surprised by the result but was absolutely shocked by the line up.

Wenger looked like he didn't care too much. He looked broken in his post-match presser. Something seriously wrong at the club.

It was clear last year that the players have lost faith in him. I don't mind losing, it's all part of football. But I just want to see us lose in a different way.

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk

caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I didn't comment as I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.
Talk is cheap
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

caller wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:00 pm I didn't comment as I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.
You're way to clever for us. :roll:
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

caller wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:00 pm I didn't comment as I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.
You didn`t comment after the Burnley match either
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

arcadianagain wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:36 am
You didn`t comment after the Burnley match either
I let everyone else rabbit on about that. Especially the media and their OTT reaction.

With Arsenal at Liverpool I honestly didn't see the performance or result as a surprise. Wenger was like a rabbit caught in the headlines. He doesn't know what to do. He has been massive for English football but his time is past.
Talk is cheap
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

caller wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:30 am With Arsenal at Liverpool I honestly didn't see the performance or result as a surprise. Wenger was like a rabbit caught in the headlines. He doesn't know what to do. He has been massive for English football but his time is past.
Neither did I see it as a surprise, or most Arsenal fans for that matter, especially after seeing the team sheet.

I think Wenger is about 5 years past his best days, winning the FA cup in may was the perfect time to bow out.
He should have done the honourable thing, and what is just as bad in my eyes, is that the board 'offered 'him another two year contract!! :shock:

I'm sure Wenger has lost a few marbles, I mean, asking the fans to keep faith? . . . . really? . . . for how much longer? :shock:
He's had all summer to address issues with the squad and get ready for the season.
Now there are 4 days left in the transfer window and the club and squad are a complete f***ing shambles. :cuss: :cuss:
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Wenger, the board and the owner are to blame for all of this.

The manager lead us to 5th place this season. Our worst league finish since he took over.

He was rewarded with a 2 year contract extension complete with a sizeable payrise.

No other club in world football would do that. In that respect the owner is to blame.

The board allow Wenger to make ALL fotball related decisions. Transfers, fitness, coaching, backroom staff etc..All Wenger.

For that the board are to blame.

The footballimg side of things. Wenger has single handidly rebuilt the squad 3/4 times over the last decade. Look how bad the current crop of players are performing.

The club have enough money to rebuild and im sure they will get back to beimg competirive again. This will take many years in the same way it has taken Liverpool.

These next two years will continue to damage our on field competitiveness. Sadly Wenger won't resign and club won't sack him.

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Any Liverpool fans out there, or Man City come to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Anyone else appreciate the irony of Rooney coming out for his first appearance since his drink driving charge to the strains of "Z Cars" on the loudspeaker system ! :D
Spurs played some lovely stuff and 6-0 would not have flattered them.In contrast,Everton were awful.They have no attack.Sandro is untried at this level and Rooney is Championship standard at best now.....Calvert Lewin is their best striker.

I thought Man City v Liverpool would be a cracker of a game but it all changed when Mane was sent off for a reckless challenge on the keeper.After that Liverpools defensive frailities were exposed time and time again.
Citys attacking options are frightening......Aguero and Jesus with de Bruyne playing just behind.....Mane and Sterling on the bench as well......I reckon they will win the title this season.

United should have won on chances but a draw a fair result.They wont win the league.
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.