2017 Masters Superbru Prediction Pool

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

2017 Masters Superbru Prediction Pool

Post by PeteC »

I've created the above on the chance that some people may be interested. If so, please go to the below and sign up. I'll keep it active until the start of the tournament and if no interest, or not enough interest, I'll kill it. Pete :cheers:

http://www.superbru.com/themasters/pool.php?p=11689358

Pool name: HHAD

Pool code: fledposy
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Re: 2017 Masters Superbru Prediction Pool

Post by PeteC »

The pool is open for picks now. We only have 3 players but I'll let it run as the whole thing is only 4 days long. If anyone else wants to join, now is the time to do it per below. Pete :cheers:

http://www.superbru.com/themasters/pool.php?p=11689358

Pool name: HHAD

Pool code: fledposy
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Sorry Pete, I don't know much about football, motor racing or rugby, but compared to what I know about golf ....................................

I would know where to start.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Info you need to know:

How to play

The bands

Each round, you must pick one golfer from each of the bands presented to you. We present a limited number of golfers grouped roughly by ability and ranking, and your challenge is to predict which of the golfers will do the best in his band.

When to make picks

You will pick one golfer from each band and you can change your picks until the start of play for a round. You will not be able to see other participants' picks until the round starts.

Points allocation

You will score the inverse of your golfer's score to par. If your golfer is 3 under par for the round, you score 3 points. Similarly, if your golfer is 2 over par for the round, you score -2 points.

What happens if a golfer is withdrawn after being loaded into a band?

You will still be able to change your picks up until the start of the round and may choose another golfer.

What if my pick doesn't play?

If your golfer misses the cut or withdraws from the tournament, existing rounds will stand and any incomplete/missed rounds will be replaced with the worst score in the golfer's band for the round.

Defaults

Picks are carried over from the previous round, so you'll have picks for each round as long as you pick for Round 1. If you made no picks for a round, you get the worst score in the band for that round.

Scoring

The game is designed to reward players according to their real life performance on the course, and aims to be as simple and transparent as possible.

You'll score 1 point for every stroke your golfer is under par and -1 point for every stroke your golfer is over par.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:05 pm Sorry Pete, I don't know much about football, motor racing or rugby, but compared to what I know about golf ....................................I wouldn't know where to start.
No problems BB. This is the first time we've tried golf so didn't expect a high turn out. With 2 I would have killed it. Oz made 3 so we can give it a go and see what happens. Pete :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Congratulations to Oz who seems to have won this. :dance: :dance: :dance: I never really came to grips about how to make correct picks. :shock: :laugh: Anyway, next time.......Pete :cheers:
Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 08.15.47.png
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Pete nor did I, will not do one of those again,Making picks was not easy. Thanks for starting it.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

lindosfan1 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:56 pm Pete nor did I, will not do one of those again,Making picks was not easy. Thanks for starting it.
It's golf. With -21 I should have won! :lach:
ozuncle
Guru
Guru

Post by ozuncle »

Thanks Pete,

I too did not know what I was doing!

:D
You only live once.