FA Cup 2016-17

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Big Boy

FA Cup 2016-17

Post by Big Boy »

OK, I won't talk about the might of Liverpool (yes, they started with boys but ended with their superstars) being held by a bunch of Fourth Tier minnows at Anfield yesterday.

I had a hospital appointment this morning, which started with the usual blood test. I turned up as usual, proudly wearing a shirt sporting a P.A.F.C. emblem. I sat in the vampire's chair, and for the first time ever in Thailand, the guy about to take my blood said, "You support Plymouth Argyle?" (recognition of a fourth tier club by a Thai - wow!!).

Then, with needle in hand, he drew back the lapel of his white coat to reveal a Liverpool FC Badge. With a glint in his eyes, he said, "I support Liverpool."

I expected to feel extreme pain, but didn't even feel the slightest scratch :D

It was a well planned strategy by the Greens - I bet there are many plastic Premier League supporters who wished their team were able to plan a game with such precision at Anfield. Mind you, Liverpool were abysmal. Even their England centre forward couldn't hit a barn door from 2' yesterday............................... but I said I wouldn't talk about it :dance: :dance:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Re: FA Cup 2017

Post by PeteC »

There's a second match in Plymouth right?....when?
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Re: FA Cup 2016-17

Post by Big Boy »

The commentators said 10 days time, so I guess 9 days from today.

Points 41; Position 18
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: FA Cup 2017

Post by dtaai-maai »

prcscct wrote:There's a second match in Plymouth right?....when?
When Klopp's had time to look at the map and figure out where Plymouth is! :laugh:
This is the way
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Big Boy wrote:OK, I won't talk about the might of Liverpool (yes, they started with boys but ended with their superstars) being held by a bunch of Fourth Tier minnows at Anfield yesterday.

I had a hospital appointment this morning, which started with the usual blood test. I turned up as usual, proudly wearing a shirt sporting a P.A.F.C. emblem. I sat in the vampire's chair, and for the first time ever in Thailand, the guy about to take my blood said, "You support Plymouth Argyle?" (recognition of a fourth tier club by a Thai - wow!!).

Then, with needle in hand, he drew back the lapel of his white coat to reveal a Liverpool FC Badge. With a glint in his eyes, he said, "I support Liverpool."

I expected to feel extreme pain, but didn't even feel the slightest scratch :D

It was a well planned strategy by the Greens - I bet there are many plastic Premier League supporters who wished their team were able to plan a game with such precision at Anfield. Mind you, Liverpool were abysmal. Even their England centre forward couldn't hit a barn door from 2' yesterday............................... but I said I wouldn't talk about it :dance: :dance:
Great result for PAFC and I suppose the extra money will come in handy. As kids we used to play a game like that one. We only used one set of goalposts, defenders v attackers, after 3 goals we would change, but yesterday it seemed to stay defenders v attackers as Liverpool couldn`t score even on goal. Where`s Baa Baa when you need an unbiased review of the game?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, they reckon the replay is worth £1M. Probably more if it's on TV again. Peanuts to a Premiership side, but a megga bonus to a 4th Division team.

Points 41; Position 18
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

What! no comments from Chelsea or Spurs fans?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

arcadianagain wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:18 pm What! no comments from Chelsea or Spurs fans?
Maybe it's a case of the spurs fans still crying in their beer and the Chelsea boys still drinking their beer!!
:cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Well i'm a happy bunny after a very tense match. Conte is a magician and Willian and Hazard aren't bad either!
Talk is cheap
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Didn't watch the game, but I'm a happy bunny too. :thumb:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

So, a London derby final! But poor game today.
Talk is cheap
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

I don't know what was poor in today's game. I'm just happy.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Poor game? Thought is was an open entertaining encounter between 2 teams willing to show intent.

Must be those blue tinted glasses again.

Anyway, for all my issues with Wenger I was happy for him and the team today. Can't say I've enjoyed an Arseanl match as much as that since around October time.

Everyone baring Ozil stepped up for a change. The back 3 system worked and even made Gabriel look like he belonged.

I won't be getting ahead of myself, we will need to improve further before going toe to toe with Chelsea.

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk

caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Maybe when compared to the first semi-final, it felt a bit flat. Anyway congrats to the Arse and commiserations to City, who had a perfectly good goal disallowed :shock: - and lost two key players who may not be fit for the run in!
Talk is cheap
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Chelsea v Spurs semi-final was a cracker with great goals by both sides. Obviously disappointed with the loss but happy that we played a good game albeit with a couple of lapses, just don't seem to get the rub of the green at wembley.

Now who do I want to win the final, none of them!!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip