Ariya Jutanugarn

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

Ariya Jutanugarn

Post by PeteC »

A new thread for this gal. She's good and going to be around for a long time. Pete :cheers:

Ariya beats Ko, wins Player of the Year (1 million USD)

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/ ... f-the-year
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Re: Ariya Jutanugarn

Post by SunandFun »

prcscct wrote:A new thread for this gal. She's good and going to be around for a long time. Pete :cheers:

Ariya beats Ko, wins Player of the Year (1 million USD)

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/ ... f-the-year
A BIG CONGRATULATIONS for becoming the first Thai to win the LPGA Player of the year! She makes Thailand proud again! Next we need a Thai Male to dominate. Only problem is the military requirement for males. It takes their career off path for a few years.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Jaidee has been close, but he's showing his age now IMO. I don't know of another Thai male who is a prospect. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

This girl is becoming quite a sensation. She just won the Scottish Open yesterday and headed for the ladies British Open next week. She's taken over the world #1 spot again. Pete :cheers:

(Full story, photos and video at link)

Ariya No.1 again with Scotland win
Published: 30/07/2018 at 01:06 AM
Online news: https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports ... otland-win

EAST LOTHIAN, Scotland: Ariya Jutanugarn won the Ladies' Scottish Open by a stroke on Sunday, and has regained her ranking as No.1 female golfer in the world.

Ariya battled with Minjee Lee of Australia on a windy course at Gullane Golf Club in East Lothian, Scotland.

Both fired final-round scores of 66, handing Ariya the win by a single stroke. The two duelled alone on Sunday, with the rest of the field trailing.

Third-place South Koreans Haeji Kang and Jin Young Ko were five shots behind the dominating duo.

"I'm a little surprised because I didn't play golf for like two weeks," said Ariya, who spent the last two weeks before the Ladies Scottish Open in Bangkok. "I didn't practice at all, and I don't really like windy or links courses.

"It means a lot to me to win the tournament. I told the caddie this week, you know, what I really want to win on a links course, even one time in my life will be good, so right now my dream came true."...........
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Good for her--Gullane is great course. It is very close to Muirfield, an OPEN course but is much more interesting and beautiful.