Arnold Palmer dies

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Arnold Palmer dies

Post by migrant »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ob ... story.html

I am not a golfer, but always liked what I saw with him, RIP
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
PeteC

Re: Arnold Palmer dies

Post by PeteC »

Very sad, but anticipated for some time seeing his condition and age. He WAS golf to me and many others in the 50's and 60's long before Nicklaus became a star. RIP. Pete :(
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

He was the reason I started playing golf as a teenager. A true gentleman of which there are few in the sports world.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
LEfant60
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LEfant60 »

The very best, IMHO! A classy guy, who gave back to the game, more than he ever took. Golf is for a lifetime and can be very humbling at times. It will bring out the Good, Bad and ugly in one's character! I'm very grateful to have been part of it for so many years. From a former competitor, to going to school and becoming a professional, it has kept me grounded. Now in my twilight years, its still fun to play and meet new people, all over the world. Mr. Palmer will live on in my heart and soul. I never had a chance to shake his hand and thank him. I know I will see him, when my time is up!