Jim Furyk sets PGA Tour record with 58 in final round at Travelers Championship

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Jim Furyk sets PGA Tour record with 58 in final round at Travelers Championship

Post by hhfarang »

58! And I struggle in the hope of shooting 98...

"CROMWELL, Conn. — Jim Furyk held his cap in one hand and his putter in the other, pumping both to salute the rather large crowd gathered around the 18th green.

The second group off on the final day of a regular tournament usually maneuvers around the course with little fanfare, especially when you are 16 shots behind the leader at the Travelers Championship.

Well, unless you are playing your way to the first round of 58 in PGA Tour history. By the 18th hole, everyone in attendance wanted to witness Furyk’s par finish to a 12-under round that left him at 11-under overall.

“You don’t wake up on Sunday morning with an 8:41 tee time thinking anything exciting is going to happen,” Furyk said. “I mean, really on those days the most exciting thing that can happen is the group in front of you plays quick and your flight takes off a little early.” ..."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/go ... /88363670/
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?