Ice-hockey WC 2016

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Bamboo Grove

Re: Ice-hockey WC 2016

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Finland 5 vs Denmark 1. The Danes played well and particularly in the first period could have scored 2-3 goals. It remained tight till the end of the 3rd period and at 3-1 the Danes hit the post. Then they took their goalie away and Finland scored almost immediately and added one more a bit later. Next match will probably be the toughest of the tournament as most likely it will be against the hosts, Russia.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Bamboo Grove wrote:Finland 5 vs Denmark 1. The Danes played well and particularly in the first period could have scored 2-3 goals. It remained tight till the end of the 3rd period and at 3-1 the Danes hit the post. Then they took their goalie away and Finland scored almost immediately and added one more a bit later. Next match will probably be the toughest of the tournament as most likely it will be against the hosts, Russia.
Congratulations BG! Saw a small part of the game
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

I didn't see it, but nice to hear we playd well,maybee another time we gonna beat you Bamboo :wink:
Good luck further on,I have allways supported Finland when Denmark is out and before when we playd in the B - C - D division or whats it called.

:cheers: :cheers:
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

I didn't see it, but nice to hear we playd well,maybee another time we gonna beat you Bamboo :wink:
Good luck further on,I have allways supported Finland when Denmark is out and before when we playd in the B - C - D division or whats it called.
Cheers, it's a big day tomorrow and the Russians are the hosts. All I can hope for is a great match and a small surprise.
:cheers:
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Bamboo Grove wrote:
Cheers, it's a big day tomorrow and the Russians are the hosts. All I can hope for is a great match and a small surprise.
:cheers:
go and get them, it's gonna be difficult but Finland can do it.

migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

prcscct wrote:The fun for me as a kid was playing hockey on a frozen pond/lake in the Pennsylvania winter, with a bonfire blazing on shore, and hot chocolate afterwards. What great fun! :D . They used to be some bruising and bloody nose events, and your legs and feet simply didn't work after about an hour on the ice! Pete :cheers:
Same for me in Michigan! It was always a good excuse to go hit someone!! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Russia 1 vs Finland 3. I may recover after awhile.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Congratulation Bamboo,only one more and your wc.

Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

The first period was like every Finland's match: we were the second best. The Russians scored early in the game and could have scored more but didn't. The second period was ours, three goals and the Russians got nervy. The last period was tough but we survived and now it's either U.S. or Canada in the final on Sunday.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Right, here we go.
hockey.jpg
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Have to admit, we were the second best tonight. :(
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Bamboo Grove wrote:Have to admit, we were the second best tonight. :(
yes it looks that the canadians had learned their lesson from game 1 against you.
not the best final i have seen