Chelsea have another Thai sponsor.

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
caller
Hero
Hero

Chelsea have another Thai sponsor.

Post by caller »

Carabao! 8)

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce Carabao as a new principal partner and our new official training wear partner from summer 2016.

This innovative relationship will allow Carabao, a leading energy drink company in Thailand, to expand its global presence and market share thanks to the huge exposure afforded by appearing on Chelsea’s training kit over the next three seasons.

The Carabao logo will feature on Chelsea players’ and staff adidas training kit from the 2016/17 season at our Cobham headquarters, at press conferences, on tours, as we travel and in the warm-up to friendly and competitive fixtures.

Carabao was founded in 2002 by Thai folk singer and celebrity Aed Carabao. The logo of a buffalo skull featuring a red bird is one of Thailand’s most recognisable commercial symbols, and over the next three years it will become even more familiar to our worldwide fanbase of more than 500 million people, appearing regularly across our market-leading digital and social media platforms where we have a following of more than 70 million.

Announcing the agreement, Christian Purslow, Chelsea FC managing director, said: ‘We are delighted to form a new partnership with Carabao which represents the first time a football club has welcomed a new partner as its training wear sponsor.

‘We are confident that adding Carabao to our family of global partners will, under Financial Fair Play rules, further enhance our competitiveness on the field while growing our popularity still further in Thailand where the club has always enjoyed incredible support. In return our global reach will help Carabao enter new markets and become synonymous with the Chelsea name.’

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-ne ... rabao.html

https://www.facebook.com/ChelseaFC/?fref=nf
Talk is cheap
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Chelsea have another Thai sponsor.

Post by GLCQuantum »

*Yawn*

There aren't many businessmen who will touch Chelsea anymore. Nothing to do with their pitiful season this year; it's to do with their lack of efficient structure and inability to promote the beautiful game... ala Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Spurs and even Arsenal.

Nobody, apart from a sprinkle of rich Asians (who are so far detached from the game that reading it is similar to a nursery child reading 'War and Peace'), would touch Chelsea with a barge pole.

I used to actively dislike United for years - mostly due to that horrible cretin that they had shouting from the dugouts. That's nothing compared to the hatred that Roman and Jose has given me for Chelsea though. That's saying a lot.

The sooner the Premier League is rid of Chelsea and its ilk - the better in my opinion. This is what happens when you sell your club for money. You lose your identity and become unwelcome.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Don`t hold back GLC, tell us what you really thin k. What will you say when the new WHL is renamed Peppa Pig Stadium?
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Well Carabao will get plenty of exposure Chelski have a lot of training to do to get back on form. When Southampton smashed them at Stamford Bridge, my mate and another Chelski fan walked out the boozer.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Oh GLC, you are such a wag! List of current Chelsea sponsors:

Yokohama tyres
Adidas
Gazprom
Delta airlines
Hublot watches
Singha
EA sports
Hackett
Betvictor
WIPRO
Levy Restaurants UK (any connection to the spuds?)
AFB (Kenya)
BNI (Indonesia)
Vietinbank (Vietnam)
Orico (Japan)
Guangzhou FC (China)
Grand Royal (Myanmar)
William Lawsons
Vietnanmobile
Mobinil (Egypt)
Bangkok Bank
Indusind Bank (India)
Technogym (my local fitness first has their equipment)
Caraabao
Talk is cheap
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Carabao.jpg
Carabao.jpg (16.94 KiB) Viewed 497 times
Maybe theyve signed him up to replace Ivanovic or Terry to give your defence a bit more pace ? :wink:
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

caller wrote:Oh GLC, you are such a wag! List of current Chelsea sponsors:

Yokohama tyres
Adidas
Gazprom
Delta airlines
Hublot watches
Singha
EA sports
Hackett
Betvictor
WIPRO
Levy Restaurants UK (any connection to the spuds?)
AFB (Kenya)
BNI (Indonesia)
Vietinbank (Vietnam)
Orico (Japan)
Guangzhou FC (China)
Grand Royal (Myanmar)
William Lawsons
Vietnanmobile
Mobinil (Egypt)
Bangkok Bank
Indusind Bank (India)
Technogym (my local fitness first has their equipment)
Caraabao

Will they be asking for a rebate in view of current form? :twisted:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

That's Chelsea's 3rd Thai sponsor. I posted it because of the Thai connection, plus Yokohama are everywhere here. Seems we're doing well in SE Asia. Better than we are in the premiership, anyhow! :D
Talk is cheap