Premier League 2015-2016

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Re: Premier League 2015-2016

Post by arcadianagain »

JimmyGreaves wrote:We are now thinking like a big club and will soon have a bigger stadium than our neighbours and who cares about our neighbours anyway. Poch is right, take care of ourselves and don't worry about the rest.

WE achieved our goal of CL football and for most of the season we played the best football in the division which pleased the hell out of me. We were the only side to challenge Leicester for the title at the end of the season and the joy that gave us was more than any other team experienced. New quality players will be queueing up to join :D

What a great season for Tottenham and what great football they played. If we get anything like the joy's of this season I will be a happy man.

COYS!

Spurs.png
Who cares about our neighbours? Well you seem to JG by crowing (pun intended) about having a bigger stadium than Arsenal. A question though, will Spurs be able to afford the quality players you say will be queuing up to join whilst paying for the new stadium? Just asking.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

arcadianagain wrote:....A question though, will Spurs be able to afford the quality players you say will be queuing up to join whilst paying for the new stadium? Just asking.
The money is already banked - so should be no problem
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Terry wrote:
The money is already banked - so should be no problem
Indeed it is, you've just got to gradually pay it back . . . . . . . with interest :wink:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

JimmyGreaves wrote:We were the only side to challenge Leicester for the title at the end of the season and the joy that gave us was more than any other team experienced.
Really? :lach:

Where did you finish again??? :mrgreen:
I can assure you, there was plenty of joy experienced on Sunday in Goonerland. :D :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

I'll put the season 2015-16 to rest with this post of mine from late February. No Spurs fan took my challenge so I think, even then, they didn't believe in themselves.

Bamboo Grove wrote:
I'm still willing to bet that we will finish above you in the end. But then again, I remember your post

Terry wrote:
Don't do it d-m, it's only a dirty trick.
when I tried to settle an earlier bet that I had won
By the way D-M, did you visit the Old Germany. Not that it matters, just that I know what the score is.

By the way I won another nice bottle of claret from another Gooner. In the beginning of the season I said we'd better our 2014-15 3rd. place finish.

It's time for the EC soon and trying to survive the silly season insane.

:cheers: :cheers: all.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

I liked that one BG
Bamboo Grove wrote:..........No Spurs fan took my challenge so I think, even then, they didn't believe in themselves................By the way I won another nice bottle of claret from another Gooner. In the beginning of the season I said we'd better our 2014-15 3rd. place finish...............
So - you Gooners are not ALL that confident either, it seems. :wink:

Chock Dee all - c. u. all next season.
:cheers: :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Will be interesting to see what happens here - massive investment I assume - will they bounce straight back up......

Does seem to be a bit of a "steal" price-wise at 60m GBP in Wendyballing terms......

Aston Villa Sold to Chinese Company Owned by Dr Tony Xia

"Randy Lerner has sold Aston Villa to the Recon Group, owned by Chinese businessman Dr Tony Jiantong Xia.
The deal is for 100 per cent ownership and will go through subject to approval by the Premier League and Football League.
It is understood that the new regime has spoken to Roberto Di Matteo's representatives as their preferred choice as head coach.
Sky Sources report the former Chelsea manager, who has been out of work since resigning from Bundesliga side Schalke 12 months ago, is due to begin talks 'imminently' over a three-year deal.It is estimated that Dr Xia will pay between £60m and £70m for the club which New York-based investor Lerner bought 10 years ago and has been trying to sell since 2014."

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Can't believe I'm saying this but...fair play to John Terry. :shock:

The guy could have moved to China for megabucks but instead decided to take a 90,000 pound hit on his weekly salary (yeah, I know... boo hoo) to stay at Chelsea for another year.

Now regarding that awful last day of the season. Looking at the starting line-ups I can see 2 (maybe 3) Spurs' players that won't be playing a part in the Euros. That leaves the rest of the squad to get through one more game uninjured in order to compete in something that happens just every four years. Why would you overexert yourself on a non-game (title's already been won, Champions league spot already assured) when you have such an important competition coming up?

Now how many of Newcastle's lot are playing in the Euro's?

It would just be common sense to play at 60%, pull out of tackles you'd usually go for and, basically, not overdo it.

Looking forward to England Hotspurs lifting the trophy this summer... :laugh:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

GLCQuantum wrote:Now regarding that awful last day of the season. Looking at the starting line-ups I can see 2 (maybe 3) Spurs' players that won't be playing a part in the Euros. That leaves the rest of the squad to get through one more game uninjured in order to compete in something that happens just every four years. Why would you overexert yourself on a non-game (title's already been won, Champions league spot already assured) when you have such an important competition coming up?
:blabla: :blabla: :blabla: GLC, this is garbage, even by your standards. Ask nicely and we'll buy you a box of straws. :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

This season has obviously been too much for a Spuds fan, firstly dreaming they had the best team in England, then thinking they could catch lowly Leicester, and finally believing they could finish above the Arse in the football league. :D

Trying to move away from this continual disappointment, JG has started the 2016/17 Season thread here viewtopic.php?f=28&t=32424&p=414444#p414444 .

This thread is locked.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18