Andy Murray

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Andy Murray

Post by oakdale160 »

What a great Semi, lost the first set but then took control--Hope that the Swiss guy wins the other semi,
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Re: Andy Murray

Post by arcadianagain »

Great game, nice to see the Brit (at least until Sunday, when he may revert to being a Scot) in the final. Some of the Wimbledon matrons might be swooning over his fiancees language though
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

I rarely watch tennis (or any "round ball game" for that matter), but did watch this match throughout. Great match, which quite honestly I though Murray was going to lose after watching the first 4 games or so - Berdych's serv seemingly going to be the difference.

A tight 1st set and then Murray storms away with the 2nd 6-0!! I'm then believing Berdych has lost it and Murray is going to walk away with the match.... not so, and a fiercely fought match ensued.

As to the "colourful language", this seems to have taken center stage rather than the match or result itself..... obviously some tension there, but any player complaining about his soft balls doesn't deserve to get through to the final :D :naughty:

With a bit of luck, the extra day Murray has before the final will be an advantage. Here's to Murray's 3rd Grand Slam title!! :cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote:I rarely watch tennis (or any "round ball game" for that matter),
A tad obsessive, even for a Welshman! I'm trying to think what options that leaves you with, pharvey (apart from the obvious of course!) - not many... American football?Aussie rules? (I think) - Any others that don't involve a round ball?
This is the way
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

This final is an epic

It's gladiatorial. 1 set each and each an hour long. How the hell they can last 5 sets at this pace stuns me. One of them has to collapse surely.

I'm not a tennis fan but this is riveting
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ No options needed - I watch the game played in heaven and was born in a country that plays the game to it's beautiful best........ :laugh: :neener:

As for Murray..... tied at 1 set all (7-6, 6-7), 2.5 hrs in!! :shock: How the hell they can keep this up, God only knows..... Djokovic seems to have made a couple of wonderful "recoveries" from a thumb injury then turned ankle.

Still, I guess 3.1 million Aus$ up for grabs probably concentrates the mind!!

:cheers: :cheers:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

richard wrote:It's gladiatorial.
Not any more, it's not. Looks like another Murray bottle job.
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ Yep, unfortunately a sad end to the match..... but (again unfortunately) you have to hand it to that damn Serb ( :wink: ) - there are reasons he's ranked No.1 in the world.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Despite the result (disappointing), the first two sets were gripping
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

When Murray had Ivan Lendle as acoach he did better. The Ice-Man lendle stopped all those angry outbursts and self critical outbursts. AM was terrific in the first two sets but when he loses it he really looses it and ND never does.
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

For two sets AM was really competitive, won 2 games in the 3rd then an amazing decline--lost12 out 0f the next 13 games--4th set he didn't look as if he could win more than the occasional point. On the other hand ND is a machine, maybe the best ever.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Maybe another client for sports psychiatrist Dr. Steve Peters - he's done amazing things for Ronnie O'Sullivan and others ..........
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Watched it. Was rootin' for Andy. Once again he let us down.

Not his fault... He just isn't in the same league as the (to quote 'Arry) 'top, top players'. Shame. He can only possibly beat them when they're having an awful day.

He's done more than any English players of recent anyway. 'Tiger Tim' was always a massive letdown.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Well the unbeatable Serena lost, so perrhaps Djocko not so unbeatable too
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

I watched the semi's and Murray was in really good form. If he takes that into the final he's in with a chance.