NHL 2014

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

NHL 2014

Post by PeteC »

Watched the Winter Classic the other day between Detroit and Toronto. Quite a spectacle as outdoors, snowing and bitterly cold, with probably 50,000 spectators in the stands. It was held in a football stadium in Michigan I think. First time I've ever seen an NHL game outdoors. Reminds me of my kid days on the pond. :D Toronto won in a shootout. Pete :cheers:

PS: Much in the news now about Olympic team selections. Many big names not selected and don't quite understand the reasoning yet.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Re: NHL 2014

Post by PeteC »

...Forgot to mention. Replays being shown on ASN 157 TRUE, and I would guess for the next few days.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Correction to the above. BBC News just had a story on about the Winter Classic. Attendance was 105,000! :shock: That has to be good for hockey. I wonder what the ticket price was? Pete :cheers:
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

Hockey helmets may be on the verge of a radical makeover.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/23/sport ... times&_r=0
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon