Premier League 2013-2014

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Re: Premier League 2013-2014

Post by Terry »

"To start December with10 points would be important especially having played United and Liverpool. We have to use all of these factors as key motivation for the game and hopefully get the win that will put us into a strong position.”
Our illustrious manager AVB before this result..................................
What a load of bollox :oops:
But at least he's "taken responsibility" for it
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

dtaai-maai wrote:
Yes, I was happy to see the Arse given a good spanking
This might be the quote of the season, just a day before them spuddies were a bit unlucky to lose against the Scouse. :D
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Welcome back BaaBaa, you've been missed - timing's quite a coincidence! :wink:

Soooooooo, where to start today? Maybe AVB claiming Liverpool's 3rd was the turning point. No, that's just too silly. Personally, I'd put it down to the referee's whistle starting the game.

Right, time to stand up and be counted. Henderson was superb and has been playing well all season. The transformation under Rodgers has been amazing. He's putting a lot of doubters in their place, including me. Sterling was pretty good as well, especially 1st half. I think they have to be in Hodgsons plans for the WC.

Its the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen Liverpool this season, and although like everyone else, they are having the odd blip, they are clearly now in the mix for the title, so kudos to Rodgers as well, although like other's I think the title will ultimately go to City.

Still be interesting to see how Liverpool perform against better opposition than the Spuds, who are a mess, but I would say they'll hold their own.

I certainly think they're in better shape than my team, although we generally play better when the opposition is stronger, but we're clearly not firing on all cylinders and I don't think we will until Mourinho makes it his team again.

So where now for AVB? He's in the same mess he got himself into at Chelsea, the vibes from the players appear the same and there wasn't a lot of fight out there today. Tactically the Spuds are all at sea and I can't see him being able to turn it around, if for no other reason than he hasn't got the experience to do so.

I am mildly amused reading all the comments by angry Spuds fans on the various fora and in newspaper comments. No doubt the same folk who were slagging off all and sundry and in particular, the 'old guard' at Chelsea for forcing poor, shoddily treated AVB out of a job. Whereas he managed that all on his own after pretty much alienating all who had dealings with him. It was a bad appt. to start with and history is just repeating itself.
Talk is cheap
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

caller wrote:
And we're hardly in stellar form........... :(
Don't think form comes into it when we clash. :|
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

caller wrote:
So where now for AVB? .
Hopefully he stays exactly where he is, continuing the good work he's doing! :mrgreen:

Bit of a surprise Clarke getting the boot from West Brom ? :?

& welcome back Baabaa :cheers: . . .i haven't missed you mind! :wink:
I get weekly reminders of you in the fantasy football league :twisted:
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

I'd have to agree on City for the title, Arsenal are doing great but I can't see them lasting the distance for the season for some reason, Chelsea look a bit of a mess to be honest but will get top 3, I don't know if I'm being pessimistic but I think Liverpool will be fighting for 4th behind City, Arsenal and Chelsea...... But..... Keep this form up, and Suarez does, who knows.

We've got a good solid foundation to build on though.

Oh... and United.... Bwahahhaha.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Felt for Clarke and it seemed he was doing OK but if you look at the stats it's been a downward spiral for 12 months.

I'll catch ya RZR, don't worry. Every bugger has got Suarez as Captain though!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I think for Clarke it all went wrong in the summer and no signings, until last minute panic buys around the last day. Anelka wasn't such a good idea either. I think he knew the problem they would have having lost Lukaku - and they only got him through his Chelsea connections.
Talk is cheap
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

GLCQuantum wrote: We've done our imploding already - got it out the way!......
Liverpool's 'imploding' will be starting tomorrow... :wink:

:cheers:
How's tricks GLC?
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

caller wrote:I think for Clarke it all went wrong in the summer and no signings, until last minute panic buys around the last day. Anelka wasn't such a good idea either. I think he knew the problem they would have having lost Lukaku - and they only got him through his Chelsea connections.
Hope he doesn't end up on the Bruce, Hughes, Allardyce merry go round.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

BaaBaa. wrote:

I'll catch ya RZR, don't worry. Every bugger has got Suarez as Captain though!
Could have been costly replacing him with Rooney for captain this week, fortunately it wasn't :D

I thought the Spuds away was a harder game than Villa away, only fractionally though :laugh:
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Welcome back Baa Baa ! Why havent you been posting ? Were you worried they might have been the kiss of death for Suarez and Liverpool ? Too late now,mate ! :wink:
And you are being a bit harsh on United.....we are still in the running for a Europa Cup place ! :roll:
As for the Spuds.....what can you say ? :oops: AVB has spent over 100m on players who appear to be mostly flops.The 6-0 trouncing by Citeh could have been written off as a bad day at the office but losing 5-0 at home so soon after......
I think Villas-Boas will be shown the door long before Moyes tbh......you cant blame defeats like this on the absence of Adebayor :rasta:
Top 4.....Citeh,Liverpool,Arsenal,Chelsea,pretty much nailed on,I think....maybe Everton might get in the mix,cant think of anyone else ! :(

Two young managers whose stock has really risen this season......Martinez and Pochettino.....could be the answer for a couple of struggling clubs in the next 12 months or so.
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Made me laugh when I read about AVB saying he's not a quitter - I mean who in their right head would throw the towel in when all he has to do is lose 3 or 4 more games and then get given a 1 million plus pay-off from Mr Levy - I wonder if he regrets getting rid of 'Arry?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

GLCQuantum wrote:
richard wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote:'Twas the month of Christmas. Christmas cheer was in the air, Christmas trees had been put up and children were anticipating the arrival of Santa Claus. Carols were being sung, problems had been forgotten and...

...Arsenal fans' delusional bubble (that they may actually win something this season) had been burst.

Merry Christmas. :wink:
Too early for implodes. Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool usually falter after Christmas
But you forget Richard...

We've done our imploding already - got it out the way! Arsenal and Liverpool have not yet.

Arsenal's is coming now (two bashings on the trot) and Liverpool's 'imploding' will be starting tomorrow... :wink:

:cheers:
Eating your words yet?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

He's gone and I thought he was the man. Roll on the next instalment!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25397167
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip