The Rugby Thread

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
pharvey

Re: The Rugby Thread

Post by pharvey »

Fully deserved victory for Samoa.... :( despite the odd short arm tackle! Wales yet again a bloody embarrassment :cuss: :cuss: - Halfpenny, North, Cuthbert but a few being exceptions. WTF is Howley doing? Wales had zero idea in attack......... Howley - played 5, lost 5...... tw@t.

The Lillywhites getting mullered at the hands of the convicts is all that is going to cheer me up this weekend!!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

pharvey wrote:Wales yet again a bloody embarrassment . . . .
:thumb: :cheers:
The Lillywhites getting mullered at the hands of the convicts is all that is going to cheer me up this weekend!!
:shock:

No need for that kind of talk is there? :( . . . . . . :mrgreen:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well, coming up for Round 3 of the AI's, and some decent looking games.....

Lillywhites vs The Bokke: A couple of silly decisions cost England dearly in R2, but they looked pretty good IMHO. Can't understand the call to drop Waldrom - thought he had a very solid game against the Crims. Still a way to go before taking SH scalps again..... SA by 9.

Paddies vs Argies: Could be a cracking game - I'm betting on a close, bruising match, with the Paddies to take it in the last quarter. Ireland by 11.

Surrender Monkeys vs Samoa: Another bruiser, but French flair will give them a fairly comfortable win...... France by 18.

God's Own vs The Blackness: Rumour has it that Wales will be playing in white in anticipation of the f***ing cricket score that NZ are going inflict on us.... :cry: :cry: :cry: The blackness have scored 93 points in their first 2 games, running in 11 tries in the process - with literally a 2nd team. Wales on the other hand have suffered defeats to both Samoa and Argentina in the first 2 rounds. To the terror of all Welsh fans, NZ's Big Guns return to the starting line-up for Saturday's game - it could be a very long afternoon.......... Wales by 3!! Well, I can't bet against them can I :oops: ??

Sweaties vs Tonga: Scotland played with alot of passion against The Blackness, running in 3 tries, and put in a great display against the Bokke. Will be too much for Tonga - Scotland by 19.

Pasta Munchers vs Crims: Great display by Italy against the Blackness in R2, keeping in touch upto the 75th minute...... unfortunately the floodgates then opened.. :( :( .
Australia suffering with injuries, but will prove too strong - Crims by 18.

Get your picks in, and best of luck to all!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Arcadian
Ace
Ace

Post by Arcadian »

Hi Pharvey, at least Wales lost to the whole of Samoa, unlike a few years ago when they were beaten by just Western Samoa.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Arcadian wrote:Hi Pharvey, at least Wales lost to the whole of Samoa, unlike a few years ago when they were beaten by just Western Samoa.
You wouldn't let it bl**dy lie would you........ :oops:

Anywho, for anyone interested, here's some links for today's games: -

http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?p ... line=rugby

redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Go Pete, yellow cap & a healthy lead going into the last round of 2 games :cheers:

Been dancing with the devil ? :wink: :twisted:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

redzonerocker wrote:Go Pete, yellow cap & a healthy lead going into the last round of 2 games :cheers:

Actually it was a witchdoctor from Tonga. :shock: :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Interesting, Irelands win against Argentina got them out of this predicament.

Wales must avoid defeat against Australia on Saturday to stay in the top eight of the International Rugby Board's world rankings.

If Wales lose they will fall to ninth place below Argentina and Samoa, and face a much tougher draw for the 2015 World Cup.

That would see the Grand Slam champions ranked alongside Italy, Tonga and Scotland in tier three of the seedings.

The draw for the World Cup is being made on Monday, 3 December.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

redzonerocker wrote:

prcscct wrote:Actually it was a witchdoctor from Tonga. :shock: :D Pete :cheers:
That's a bit spooky Pete, Tonga being an anagram of Tango :shock: :twisted: :laugh:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Unbelievable England performance against the mighty All Blacks today. Truly awesome. So glad I didn't miss it. This is a game that will stick in the memory like the BaaBaas game in the 70s. Well done, lads. :bow:
Last edited by dtaai-maai on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is the way
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

dtaai-maai wrote:Unbelievable England performance against the might All Blacks today. Truly awesome. So glad I didn't miss it. This is a game that will stick in the memory like the BaaBaas game in the 70s. Well done, lads. :bow:
Don't believe it, all I can assume is that the all blacks had a dodgy curry last night!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Arcadian
Ace
Ace

Post by Arcadian »

Glad I tuned in even though I was expecting a tonking. The All Blacks were 12-1 on, did anyone have a bet on England? Whatever Lancaster said to them this week worked a treat, great game if you were English.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

dtaai-maai wrote:Unbelievable England performance against the mighty All Blacks today. Truly awesome. So glad I didn't miss it. This is a game that will stick in the memory like the BaaBaas game in the 70s. Well done, lads. :bow:
I only clicked on here by accident and see I'm getting grief.

2005 sticks in my memory.

:cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Wales lose in the dying seconds, Beelzibub's XV beat the Blackness, I'm working today......... The weekend from hell!! :cuss: :cuss:

In all seriousness, didn't see the England game, but huge hand to them for bringing NZ's unbeaten run of 19(?) games to an end. Congrats to all involved.....

MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

If you wanted evidence we are in a Matrix-like world, that result was it. How could England, who were clueless against Australia put up a performance like that? The game was an obvious Orwellian propaganda video. You can see where the shirts were photoshopped.

The real result, where England were thrashed 48-9, can be downloaded from aliensatemyhamster.com