The Rugby Thread

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

Re: The Rugby Thread

Post by PeteC »

barrys wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:27 pm
prcscct wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:19 pm No Superbru email reminder for me this time....why I don't know. Heads up.....Lions vs NZ Maori tomorrow. Pete :cheers:
What time is kick-off Pete?

1435 hours Barry, Thai time. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Thanks a lot!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

"New Zealand could take some satisfaction from their desired hit-out when beating Samoa 78–0 at Eden Park on Friday but some more intensive preparation will be required over the next week."...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.allblacks.com/News/30974/all ... rout-samoa
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ A simple run-out for the Blackness' "Big Guns" and I also think trying to play mind games with the Lions.

Anywho, very much looking forward to today's match - strong Lions team, though I've not been impressed with Sexton thus far, how he can be rated above Biggar on current form is beyond me.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I'll await Pharvey's comments. A strange game indeed and well played by the Lions, and a wonderful job of self destruction by the Maoris. Pete :cheers:

EDIT: Does anyone know what the TDM column means on the far right of the Superbru results. I've looked but damned if I can find what TDM means?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Time Division Multiplexing. :rasta:

Tie-breaking
In the event of points ties on a leaderboard, position is allocated on the basis of higher WP total, then higher MP total, then lower TDM. If scores are still tied after these criteria are applied, the players are adjudged to be tied. TDM is Total Distance from Margin: the sum of the differences between a player's margin predictions and the actual margins.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ What the bloody f&#K world am I living in? This is what happens when there are too many MBA's and each one wants to make a name for themselves and be noticed. :roll: It's just a GAME, both the actual event and the pools we play. God help us all from our children! :shock: Pete :cheers:

Edit: It's like the Golf pool we had with only a few players. I had the lowest score but lost. :mrgreen:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Lions vs The Chiefs today. Times look the same as the last game. 1435 Thai, 0835 UK, 1935 NZ. Pete :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

A convincing Lions win, shutting down the NZ style fast offense completely. They're peaking I think just at the right time. Pete :cheers:
binlid
Amateur
Amateur

Post by binlid »

Looking forward to the first test on Saturday. I will be in town for the next games, any suggestions for a decent watering hole to watch them in. Preferably with a bunch of Lions fans, no offence to any Kiwis 8) 8)
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

binlid wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:00 am Looking forward to the first test on Saturday. I will be in town for the next games, any suggestions for a decent watering hole to watch them in. Preferably with a bunch of Lions fans, no offence to any Kiwis 8) 8)
The only one I can think of as a "probable" is El Murphys on Selekan road beside the Hilton.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Or Father Teds on Soi 61 (Beach Road).
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
binlid
Amateur
Amateur

Post by binlid »

Cheers gents, will check them both out when i arrive.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Certainly an interesting side Gatland has picked - and where's the so-called "Welsh bias" I wonder..... :? :wink:

Certainly looking forward to this one, unfortunately fairly heavy rain forecast so will not suit the running game the Lions backs picked that are capable of. That said, conditions against the Maoris were not exactly great either! :D

SBW in the Blackness' starting XV which is always a worry for me - he'll need to be closed down.

Anywho, here's to a cracking game....And I've even remembered to make my pick this round!!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ Match starts at 1435 hours Thai time, televised on Setanta TRUE 669. Pete :cheers: