The Rugby Thread

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Big Boy

Re: The Rugby Thread

Post by Big Boy »

Well done Pete - you'll have to share the name of your witch doctor with the rest of us.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yes, it appears I've now gained membership in the evil RZR coven having won one of these. :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
MajorBloodnok
Suspended
Suspended

Post by MajorBloodnok »

WHAT A GAME!
NZ vs ENGLAND : I had expected another brilliant, but also "boring" walkover by the ALL BLACKS.
NOT SO! ENGLAND delivered one of their most aggressive and productive performances ever. Certainly one of the most thrilling games of Rugby and best performances by England I have ever witnessed.
Well done!

MB
A GRATEFUL GUEST OF THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND & HER PEOPLE
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

prcscct wrote:Yes, it appears I've now gained membership in the evil RZR coven having won one of these. :D Pete :cheers:

Well done & congratulations :cheers: & well come to the club :twisted: :wink:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
daio
Amateur
Amateur

Post by daio »

missed nz and england game yesterday had to take the wife to airport shell be in bangkok now.just watched the hightlights on tv and congratulations to england well deserved win.will have a few beers tonight drown my sorrows over welsh result.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Think you lot are living in cuckoo land as well as this guy:'Sir Clive Woodward says none of the top seeds will want to be in the same group as England when the 2015 Rugby World Cup draw is made on Monday'
NZ were bollocksed http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/11 ... 11146.html

Dream on, your shit and you know it!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
England 38-21 New Zealand suggests we're not :wink: :mrgreen:
Arcadian
Ace
Ace

Post by Arcadian »

JimmyGreaves wrote:Think you lot are living in cuckoo land as well as this guy:'Sir Clive Woodward says none of the top seeds will want to be in the same group as England when the 2015 Rugby World Cup draw is made on Monday'

Did you mean to write "you`re"
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

JimmyGreaves wrote:Think you lot are living in cuckoo land as well as this guy:'Sir Clive Woodward says none of the top seeds will want to be in the same group as England when the 2015 Rugby World Cup draw is made on Monday'

Well the opposition didn't make any excuses about the NZ players being sick:

But Hansen dismissed the allegations, reserving only praise for the hosts.
"This is a good England side," he insisted. "You should get behind them and back them a bit. They have shown what they can do and if you back them it will make them even more dangerous"
"No, I don't think [it had an affect]," he said. "If we had fallen away at the end you might have said that, but we felt fine in that department. "We just struggled to get into the game. We were on the back foot and put under pressure. Even when we got back in the game they didn't panic. I was impressed with the way they played."
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Arcadian wrote:

Did you mean to write "you`re"
All I meant to write is what I wrote, so, just read it as it is and digest well! Especially the shite part. Comprende? One swallow and all that. Next the press will be telling you (as they do every 4 years) that you're going to win the world cup and as you do, you believe it :guns: :D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

JimmyGreaves wrote: One swallow and all that. Next the press will be telling you (as they do every 4 years) that you're going to win the world cup and as you do, you believe it :guns: :D
Oh yes!!! . . . . . . . . .after the Grand Slam of course :wink: :D
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

History will say England played well and beat the Blackness - fair play to them! Fcuk excuses either way - Ireland, Scotland and Wales would certainly have taken the win and taken great delight in boasting about it!! Unfortunately for Wales, we suffered a fecking whitewash - the first in an Autumn series..... :oops: :oops: :cuss: :cuss:

As for the forthcoming 6 Nations..... I do have concerns about Wales, but in all honesty when on form and with our full contingent, we're not that bloody bad!! Problem is, despite what the Welsh rugby purists say, we don't have the strength in depth that is needed in this day and age (very few teams do). Too much rugby is played and expected of the top level players - and for once not extracting the urine out of Wendyball, it does take a little longer for the guys to recover from a rugby match.... especially at international level.

World Cup.... Bring it on!! I'm guessing we'll be playing you in the final though JG :D !!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Happy days, it's about time England got a half decent draw they always get the easy route, early bath on home soil me thinks :D

England, Wales and Australia are drawn in the same group for the 2015 Rugby World Cup.

Pool A: Australia, England, Wales, Oceania 1, play-off winner.

Pool B: South Africa, Samoa, Scotland, Asia 1, Americas 2.

Pool C: New Zealand, Argentina, Tonga, Europe 1, Africa 1.

Pool D: France, Ireland, Italy, Americas 1, Europe 2.
Arcadian
Ace
Ace

Post by Arcadian »

Hi JG, do you practice the little pearl of wisdom at the end of all your posts?
English rugby fans are not the press, we were happy with Saturday`s result of course, but we rugby fans on this forum are realistic and who knows what will happen in three years. Am I right in thinking you are Irish?
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Could be interesting, but is it a step too far and just a TV gimmick?

RFU to trial ref-cam in Championship fixture

The Rugby Football Union is trialling a "ref-cam" during the televised Championship game between Newcastle Falcons and London Scottish on Sunday.

Match official Matt Carley will have a camera attached to his shirt to show close-ups of on-the-field action.

"It offers a new perspective for viewers," said head of professional referee development Ed Morrison.

"It will also provide us with an additional tool which can be utilised within the development of referees."

Referees at televised matches are already connected to microphones which keep the dialogue between players and officials open to all.

Likewise, in both union and league codes of rugby, cameras are located in dressing rooms to give viewers an insight behind the scenes, but this is the closest the sport has come to bringing an insight at pitch level.

"I don't know whether I like it. They're bringing all these things in to improve the viewers' experience. It's going to be something different," Newcastle Falcons director of rugby Dean Richards told BBC Newcastle.

"It's something we have to be mindful of. It's a high-pressure game with a few thousand people here.

"When you get so close to the action it's a different experience to at a distance. I'm nervous about it."

The game will be shown live on Sky Sports 3 at 15:00 GMT on Sunday.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.