The Rugby Thread

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Big Boy

Re: The Rugby Thread

Post by Big Boy »

It is installed from the earliest age that you do not argue with the ref, and if you talk to him, usually through your captain, you call him sir.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 5:00 pm It is installed from the earliest age that you do not argue with the ref, and if you talk to him, usually through your captain, you call him sir.
And wendyballers should learn from it.... :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

prcscct wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 11:39 am Here is the British & Irish Lion's June schedule for New Zealand. Pete :cheers:

http://www.lionsrugby.com/2017tour/inde ... QleW7yGORs
Bring on June 3rd - I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas!!

Lot's of talk a while back regarding the make-up of the squad. Somewhat surprised at a couple of Welsh inclusions, but let's not go there with regards to Gatland's percieved bias :cuss: ! Also surprised at only 2 Scots being included in the party. That said, it's a damn good squad and a bl**dy good captain in Sam Warburton. As always I shall be staunchly supporting the Lions - "Home Nations" comming together :bow: , but to win a series in the AB's backyard is a BIG, BIG ask.

Anyone interested in a Prediction League if there's one available?

:cheers: :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ Yes, I am. Superbru has one ready to go I think. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

pharvey wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 3:25 pm
Anyone interested in a Prediction League if there's one available?

Definitely
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Not to be forgotten is that leading up to the final games with the All Blacks, the Lions will be playing portions of the All Blacks team in every match they play. By the time of the direct All Blacks encounters they should know their habits and style very well IMO. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

British & Irish Lions - Superbru.

Those who have played previously should have had an invitation by Email, but if not and you're interested in taking part this time around, details are below: -

http://www.superbru.com/lionstour_predi ... p=11697143

Pool name: HHF British & Irish Lions 2017

Pool code: glendone

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I need to take a look at the All Blacks roster soon. Dane Coles is out, as are several others I believe who are doubtful for the Lions tournament. I've watched the Hurricanes, Highlanders and Crusaders recently and all seem to have many injuries. The All Blacks may be a weakened side? Pete :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

There's certainly a few players either out or doubtful for at least part of the Lions tour, but quite frankly the Blackness have so much strength in depth they could likely pick 2 World beating teams..... :cry: :bow:

I've no doubt injuries will unfortunately also be an issue for the Lions during the tour.

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

pharvey wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 1:30 pm British & Irish Lions - Superbru.

Those who have played previously should have had an invitation by Email, but if not and you're interested in taking part this time around, details are below: -....
I didn't get an email and had to go in manually. Have a clock next to name which I think means you have to approve before I can make picks. Thanks. Pete :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

prcscct wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 4:03 pm
pharvey wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 1:30 pm British & Irish Lions - Superbru.

Those who have played previously should have had an invitation by Email, but if not and you're interested in taking part this time around, details are below: -....
I didn't get an email and had to go in manually. Have a clock next to name which I think means you have to approve before I can make picks. Thanks. Pete :cheers:
Done and dusted - you're in Pete!

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

RWC 2019

Rugby World Cup pool draw - Where to watch?
Rugby World Cup pool draw is a defining moment for all teams and fans on the road to RWC 2019. You will be able to follow every moment of the draw live, sharing in the excitement of the build-up and big unveiling.

The live pool draw takes place in Kyoto State Guest House in Kyoto, Japan. Coverage will be available on the following channels and platforms at 17:00 (local time), 09:00 (GMT+1).

TV/BROADCAST

J Sport TV - The live draw will be available in Japanese on J Sport TV channel

www.rugbyworldcup.com will live stream the event online

SOCIAL

Twitter:

@WorldRugby

@RugbyWorldCup

@RugbyWorldCupES

@RugbyWorldCupFR

@RugbyWorldCupJP

Facebook:
@WorldRugby

@RugbyWorldCup

You Tube:
WorldRugby

Instgram
RugbyWorldCupJP

Catch up

If you can’t join us live you can always catch up on all the action later in the day by visiting rugbyworldcup.com/pooldraw or World Rugby Instagram channel: WorldRugby where we will have all the reaction, interviews and news from the event.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

With South Africa currently out of the top 4 (7th) and Argentina out of the top 8 (9th), there's going to be one hell of a tough group.

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

SAF makes interesting conversation IMO. In my opinion they destroyed a superior system with the best men playing by instituting what I would call an off shoot of the now defunct American "equal opportunity" policy. I don't care what the racial makeup of a country is, you play the people with the most talent, experience and drive. That should be the ONLY criteria. Maybe the NBA should say there aren't enough white people on the teams? :shock: :banghead: Pete :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well, this is an interesting one! :shock: Once again all about the "Money Boys" in rugby - especially the RFU and Premiership.

"Bristol will receive a relegation reprieve if Doncaster or Ealing Trailfinders win the Championship play-offs because neither club put itself through the Premiership’s entry-criteria process and so cannot be promoted.

Ealing play the first leg of their semi-final play-off against Yorkshire Carnegie in west London on Friday, while Doncaster host London Irish on Sunday. The two away sides this weekend have both met the criteria and if Carnegie and Doncaster both reach the final, Bristol will be relegated."

Well, the news is that Bristol's hopes are still alive after Ealing Trailfinders won 20 to 18 over Yorkshire Caregie...... :bow:

Full article here: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... -doncaster