The Rugby Thread

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Re: The Rugby Thread

Post by JimmyGreaves »

pharvey wrote:
prcscct wrote:The man was only 42 year old. :(

Anthony Foley: Munster Rugby coach dies suddenly in Paris

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/37672703?
Truly shocking - and at 42 certainly puts life in perspective. RIP Tony.
Terrible news.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Post-mortem ordered into Irish rugby legend Foley's death

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport ... ath/#page1

Paris (AFP) - French authorities will carry out a post-mortem following the death of Irish rugby legend Anthony Foley in a Paris hotel, a source close to the probe said Monday.

"A post-mortem will be carried out, probably today," said the source who asked not to be named, adding that a police investigation had been launched.

Former Irish international Foley died suddenly on Sunday at the age of 42. Foley was the head coach of Munster, the Irish provincial team who were to play French club Racing 92 later Sunday.

The European Champions Cup match was postponed.

An investigation is routine in France following deaths in hotel rooms and a post-mortem is called for when the cause of death is not apparent.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Jai »

Hello Hua Hin Rugby Fans

I will arrive in Hua Hin next week for five months and would like to watch some Rugby.

My first choice would be Aviva Premiership games but from past experience coverage is not great.
Guiness Pro 12, French rugby or any other suggestions as to what may be available in Hua Hin

I will probably be watching in bars mainly as past experience of using my notebook / internet has not been very good

I have BT Broadband in London and Aviva games come with the package but I doubt if it will work in Thailand.

Any suggestions or advice will be gratefully received

Kind regards
Sabai Jai
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Anthony Foley: Munster and Ireland great died of fluid build-up in lungs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/37676597
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

I have not been in HH since February, but Buckleys bar always was good for the rugger, it was about 20 yards down the soi from Limelight.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Anywhere you go if they have TRUE TV, they'll have Setanta, channel 669, non-stop rugby from all over. That's your best bet unless you get some direct internet subscription. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Jai »

Thanks Gus, I will try Buckleys - never frequented the bars down that little section before.

and thanks Peter - I will know what to ask for. A few bars have enough screens to put rugby up on one I suppose, specially if your a regular

Cheers
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

3rd Bledisloe Test live from Auckland should be starting with pre-game on Setanta channel TRUE 669 right about now. Scheduled start time 1935 NZ time. Pete :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ Alas, I have to go out, no choice. Will have to catch most of it it on replay tomorrow. :banghead: Pete :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

prcscct wrote:^ Alas, I have to go out, no choice. Will have to catch most of it it on replay tomorrow. :banghead: Pete :cheers:
The expected result. Always spreads of 20+ points in these recent matches. Still haven't watched the whole match though. Pete :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

pharvey wrote:November will see another feast of Rugby Union with SA, NZ Maori, Australia, NZ All Blacks, Ireland, Wales, England, Scotland, Fiji, Japan, Argentina, USA et al face up.... :thumb: :cheers: ........
Looking at the schedule, the best possible matchup isn't scheduled, NZ vs England. Why in the world would they let that opportunity slip by as these two teams would at present put on the best display of rugby seen this year. Is something smelly in the cupboard.....one or the other didn't want the matchup.....yet? Pete :cheers:
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

prcscct wrote:
Looking at the schedule, the best possible matchup isn't scheduled, NZ vs England. Why in the world would they let that opportunity slip by as these two teams would at present put on the best display of rugby seen this year. Is something smelly in the cupboard.....one or the other didn't want the matchup.....yet? Pete :cheers:
Quite agree, at least one game should have been in that schedule . . . . . .maybe the All Blacks got scared ? :mrgreen:
There won't be one now until late in 2017, at the earliest, what with the 6 nations in Feb/Mar, The B&I Lions tour of NZ in June/July and the Rugby Championship kicking off again in late August/Sept.

Still, 2017 looks a pretty good year for international rugby. :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Somewhere in the news you'll see that the Rugby League World Cup is being hosted by England in 2021. Who knows, you may enjoy it by then? :twisted: Pete :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well, made it back from Nagorno-Karabakh just in time for a weekend packed with the game played in heaven :dance: :clap: :sun: :dance: :clap:

Unfortunately only for the 1st match to see Bath losing to the Tigers....... :cuss: :banghead:

Anywho, onto today's games: -

God's Own take on the Wallabies in Cardiff this afternoon in what IMHO promisses to be the game of the weekend. Wales have a dire record against the southern hemisphere sides and have lost the last 11 against the Green & Golds :oops: :cry:
However, past results counts for nothing and we'll be looking for a winning start to the Autumn Internationals!! :cheers:
A tight game with Wales coming out winners by 5-7 points!! :dance: :dance:

Paddies vs The Blackness

The men from the Emerald Isle have come close on a couple of occasions, but unfortunately I just can't see an end to the All Black steamroller... Somewhat unusual to be seeing this match coming from Chicago, but I'm sure there'll be a fair bit of green in the crowd!!

AB's by 20-25 points :roll:

BaaBaas vs The Springboks

All I'm hoping for is a "proper" BaaBaas match - pure running rugby!! :thumb: :cheers:

Looking forward to some great rugby, and best of luck to those in the prediction league!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Christ, and I forgot the Argies vs The Land of The Rising Sun!!

Thought it was going to be close...... Not finished yet, but already a whopping!!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.