Premier League 2015-2016

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Premier League 2015-2016

Post by dtaai-maai »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36144620
Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli has accepted an FA charge of violent conduct after punching West Brom player Claudio Yacob in the stomach and is likely to miss the rest of the season.
I'm surprised no one's mentioned this.

I don't think it matters much from a Spurs point of view, as the title race is effectively over. And in terms of missing what's left of the season, it doesn't really matter for Alli. As for the 'punch', it was more of a tap by the looks of it. Nobody even noticed it during the game (not even Yacob, I suspect!).

What concerns me though is that, with this and other little niggly reactions, he's making himself an obvious target for the wind-up merchants in the game. I'm sure he's already been told that he has to get this under control, but there's no sign of that message getting through yet.
This is the way
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Here's a good one for all the gooners on here, according to Wenger it's the fans fault that the team are not doing as well as they should! That idiot Morgan is wasting no time in putting the boot in.

Seems a bad atmosphere around the place at the moment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... al-fans-a/
Talk is cheap
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Premier League 2015-2016

Post by Henry 14th »

Wenger has created the bad atmosphere for himself.

Just because he takes zero flak for the state of play from the board, he seems to think that the fans are also happy to accept underachievement.

He's lost the plot and needs to go before we loose the 5/6 really good players we have.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

He's correct, though, when he says that the negativity of some, like P. Moron, has cost us dearly. It cannot but effect the game of the players when all you hear is negativity, even when they play well.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Premier League 2015-2016

Post by Henry 14th »

It's any excuse for Wenger. Everyone and everything is to blame apart from himself and his failings in a number if transfer windows and his reluctance to develop a plan B way of playing.

His main excuse iver the years has been the financial doping of other clubs, which you can't really argue with. However he's unable to use that excuse this year as the soon to be champions were built on a shoestring.

Had Wenger filled glaring gaps in the squad over the past 2/4 transfer windows we would probably be the team heading towards the title in a year where the usual contenders have been so bad.

Instead he sticks by his aged and broken playing philosophies, maintains way too much deadwood in the squad and continues to wait until the likes of Walcott/Chamberlain/Ramsey reach any sort of potential they may (or may not) have.

I have no doubt that with the resources the club now has, including a number of world quality players, that another top level manager would be more proactive in the transfer market and get the team playing much better.

Which manager to replace you ask?

Klopp was the obvious choice.
Pep - missed the boat
Ancelotti - missed the boat

Baring Pep who may not have wanted to come, all 3 were available and would have been an upgrade on wenger.

Tuchel at Dortmund would be a good fit but my choice would be Simeone. Again you'd have to wonder if he'd choose to join Arsenal over staying in Madrid.

Not that any of this matters as the club will offer him another contact and at 8 million plus a year with zero pressure to deliver on field results, you'd be a fool to turn it down.

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

^^^^ Another satisfied Arse fan^^^^ :wink:
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

As an Arsenal fan since 1950 I`ve seen good times and bad times, gobby Arsenal fans have probably only known good times, they don`t seem to realize that not every team can be champions. I`m disappointed in Wenger blaming the Arsenal fans, but they are probably the ones who have decided to support their club based on performances of the last 19/20 years. Name me a club whose supporters are always 100% behind their management and I will show you a club who have never lost a match, always make the right decisions and who play the best Brazilian way at all times.
Last edited by arcadianagain on Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

As a Spurs fan since 1957 I find myself agreeing with you................
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Terry wrote:As a Spurs fan since 1957 I find myself agreeing with you................
Now I`m worriied :twisted:
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Yep - it's a bit terrifying........
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Premier League 2015-2016

Post by Henry 14th »

Well if non-'gobby' fans are happy with the same old shit year after year and are happy to swallow the lies and blame pointing from a manager who is clearly incapable of producing the great football his own philosophy suggests, then I can atleast congratulate Wenger on his ability to brainwash even longstanding fans.

Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Henry 14th wrote:Well if non-'gobby' fans are happy with the same old shit year after year and are happy to swallow the lies and blame pointing from a manager who is clearly incapable of producing the great football his own philosophy suggests, then I can atleast congratulate Wenger on his ability to brainwash even longstanding fans.
Over to you BG............. :duck: :run:
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

And so it goes on.

I guess that relying on LVG's mob to help out was a big ask............... :wink:

Methinks it is still Leicester's to lose.

Anyway - bring on Chelsk.
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

I would kinda like that Leicester don't win it on behalf of Chelskea and can win it at at home v Everton. Would be great for the home fans; great for football; the best all round team wins the title.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
buksida

Post by buksida »

Disappointing that LC couldn't put Manure away, Sots have done grand against City, now if Chelski can stuff the Spuds it'll make my night ...
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson