How did you find Hua Hin Forum?

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.

How did you find this site

Web Search
72%
Read a Poster
2%
Referred by Somebody
15%
Other
11%

Total votes: 427

johnjar
Guru
Guru

Re: How did you find Hua Hin Forum?

Post by johnjar »

Theo Naarstig wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:27 pm This Dutch born Aussie farang found your website because I was looking for input about my new retirement locality, i.e. Takiab.
After a serious due diligence phase, I found your site very informative and I wanted to join in, I decided to use my own name. What the heck!
First arrived in HH via the train in 1992 and fell in love with the place. Mind you, it helps having already fallen in love with the regulation Thai girl.
After 29 years? So far so good.
There's something about HH that is difficult to explain and I discovered that in my expat days here in the nineties.
Have always preferred driving to the west side of the gulf rather than the east in the days I worked here.
I know it sound like BS!
Theo I agree 100% ...I stumbled into Hua Hin ,when it was a sleepy old town after living in BKK and Pattaya and immediately loved the place ,and now its grown massively ,still love it , its the best place to live in Thailand and thats for sure :D
dick_kuyt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dick_kuyt »

I found this site through google search of things to do in Hua Hin.
Theo Naarstig
Novice
Novice

Post by Theo Naarstig »

johnjar wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:31 am
Theo Naarstig wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:27 pm This Dutch born Aussie farang found your website because I was looking for input about my new retirement locality, i.e. Takiab.
After a serious due diligence phase, I found your site very informative and I wanted to join in, I decided to use my own name. What the heck!
First arrived in HH via the train in 1992 and fell in love with the place. Mind you, it helps having already fallen in love with the regulation Thai girl.
After 29 years? So far so good.
There's something about HH that is difficult to explain and I discovered that in my expat days here in the nineties.
Have always preferred driving to the west side of the gulf rather than the east in the days I worked here.
I know it sound like BS!
Theo I agree 100% ...I stumbled into Hua Hin ,when it was a sleepy old town after living in BKK and Pattaya and immediately loved the place ,and now its grown massively ,still love it , its the best place to live in Thailand and thats for sure :D
It sure has changed a lot since those times, most of it for the better. Recall a cohort of bicycle samlors at the station ready to take us and our baggage straight down the street to the seaside village. Camped at the Thai/Dutch guest house often after that. The tariff was 200 Baht per night and an extra 100 Baht for a room with a fan. No air con option.
Sometimes we lashed out and took the fan room, reckon the walls were cardboard too.
Wifey insists to this day, that the Thai tucker here isn't Royal Thai but the seafood is to die for.
We've found two very good French bakeries, one near the palace and one on Thanon Takiab.
Expensive but very good quality.
Nina555
Novice
Novice

Post by Nina555 »

Just googled a necessary topic :)
tdwester
Novice
Novice

Post by tdwester »

Same here just doing a google search
Elix
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Elix »

Hi, i just search about Hua Hin in Google.
Whooah
Novice
Novice

Post by Whooah »

Posting on PA by a BM
scooterman
Novice
Novice

Post by scooterman »

Hi New member here but used well know Pattaya forum for years and during a search for info on Hua Hin, I fellow BM had posted up a link to here which I followed. Cheers Scooterman
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

I’ve been coming to Thailand on a yearly, and sometimes twice-yearly basis, but I have never been to Hua Hin. I really became aware of it, and developed a desire to visit, upon watching some videos on YouTube that were posted by an Australian who lives there.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Wow, come June, 15 yrs ago, found via internet search for places to sip a few. Found forum and came in on the AfterDark forum.

Though not the first time visiting HH, as one of the first places visited, after settling in the NE in 2000.

Didn't buy a car yet, and first visited via bus / train, and remember 1st place I stayed at was Mod GH. A dump, but primo location, on pier, and walking distance to most things in town. Remember the smell of sewage in room and even outside at low tide.....LOL No question where all drains led to back then.

A lovely and lasting impression. Was a great experience and holiday though.

HH turned into a 4 visits a year, during my twice yearly Mecca to Phuket during school breaks, if not more, during Xmas / NY break, if having. For about 10 years.
vilemaggot
Novice
Novice

Post by vilemaggot »

While checking another forum about Hua Hin accommodations, a member there posted a link, and here I am.
bigboots
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bigboots »

Googled it.

Sometimes TripAdvisor just isn't enough. You need detailed local knowledge from people on the ground.
TimboMull
Novice
Novice

Post by TimboMull »

It was via n ad on the HHAD site, for property. at the top of that next site is a hua hin forum link.
Thanks! looks great.
boysmile
Novice
Novice

Post by boysmile »

Google search for me,
... as a Thailand visitor for almost 20 years, it was my first time in HH last year in June.... and i will be back this year in early July...
Grunter2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Grunter2 »

Found the site after a search. Wish I had known about it before my first visit to HH last year. Heading back in October so will be asking lots of questions to maximize the success of the visit.