Hi Mates

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
woodstock
Novice
Novice

Hi Mates

Post by woodstock »

Hey, Hi from the US. This seems to be a Brit and Aussie forum. Any Yanks, Kiwis, Irish or other big drinkers? I read the thread about sports bars. Very interesting. You're talking about the football with pointy ends, aren't you? hehehe
Seriously, I'm a free man after 22 years of marriage and plan to resume world traveling. Europe's out. Too expensive and Yanks aren't too popular. Gulf of Siam sounds like an outstanding place to spend some quality time with beer, cigars and women.
HansMartin
Professional
Professional

Post by HansMartin »

Oh there are a few of us from the US of A; but most are Ozzies and/or those from the Old World. So where are you at these days?
woodstock
Novice
Novice

Post by woodstock »

Home is Massachusetts. What do you call an expat wannabee? Right now I'm enjoying my beer and cigars at my backyard pool, but Im not gonna spend another winter in the cold. I went to Equador and the Philippines. Both nice places, inexpensive, friendly locals. I been to Bkk but never to the coast so I started snooping on this site and have liked the chatter, or maybe it's more properly called slinging the shit as we say here when you've had a few at the local bar. But the info is solid, although I feel like an outsider when the good old days of HH are mentioned. So I'll be that gawky tourist with the clammy white legs stumbling around town next January,, overpaying for everything and thinking its a great bargain. Lastly, I got to say, next to my fellow Americans, Aussies and Brits are my favorite people...salt of the earth.