Another introduction from a LOS lover

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
cybernator_uk
Novice
Novice

Another introduction from a LOS lover

Post by cybernator_uk »

Hi guys

I am a member of another forum about Thailand and i was researching my next trip and some mentioned Hua HIn to me and i decided to have a look for hotels and transport there.... Only problem was for a while i couldnt find much until someone pointed me in the direction of this forum...

Ok i have recently moved to Germany (i am English in origin) and decided that i havent been to Thailand for 2 years and its time i make the trip back.. I am looking at November but it really depends on when my boss will let me because at the minute he is being really tight about giving time off to people.

My first trip to Thailand was in 2003... I went to Bangkok on my own for a week before going to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. Had a fantastic time in Bangkok and was very sad to leave.. I spent a lot of time doing stuff.. Went to places like the Grand Palace (everyone should do that once) Going to see Muai Thai in the Lumpini Stadium, Ayutthya and the bridge on the River Kwai... A lot of tourist stuff but in the evenings i regualy went to to Soi Cowboy, Nana Plaza and occasionly Patpong..

When returning home me and a friend booked a trip to take in Tokyo, Phuket and Bangkok and really had a good time... Fell in love with Phuket.. Spent a lot of time drinking in a bar called the Bunny Bar under the tiger disco complex and then in Bangkok again Back mainly in Soi Cowboy and Nana with only the 1 trip to Patpong... I think every one should go there just once..

So this time in planning i decided i wanted to go to Phuket and maybe look at options in getting to Hua Hin from Phuket....

I havent done much research yet but before i post any questions i plan to do quite a bit... Why post a question that has already been asked many times when its easier to use a search engine?????

I am looking forward to making some new friends and seeing a new place in Thailand.. any advice you would like to offer is always appreciated.. But as i said i do plan to do a lot of research first before i ask anything

Thanks a lot guys and i look forward to drinking with some of you in the near future
PeteC

Re: Another introduction from a LOS lover

Post by PeteC »

cybernator_uk wrote: I am looking forward to making some new friends and seeing a new place in Thailand.. any advice you would like to offer is always appreciated.. But as i said i do plan to do a lot of research first before i ask anything
If you enjoyed Cowboy, Nana and Patpong, you'll love Pattaya. Like you say, try it once and see. It's as raunchy or as civil as you want it to be. Touch, look don't touch, or simply book an evening at the Russian opera at the Royal Cliff Hotel, up to you. Against popular belief, Pattaya can be as lowbrow or highbrow as you want, it is all here.

When you've had enough, get in a car/bus and head east through Rayong, Chantaburi, Trat to the Cambodian border and you'll see Thai rural life as it was 50 years ago. Some islands along the way also, Koh Samet near Rayong and Koh Chang near Trat. Clean water and accomodations.

After that, head north and northeast and you'll see Thailand as it was 100 years ago. Do some research, you'll see. Enjoy your holidays. Pete :cheers: