Looking for new friends and a place to rent in Hua Hin

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
jammy
Rookie
Rookie

Looking for new friends and a place to rent in Hua Hin

Post by jammy »

Hi Guys, We will be coming to live in Hua Hin in late October, our house in the UK is just going through. So We will be looking for a place to rent for a month ( may be condo to start with ) and then we will rent something better after we have settled in. Are there any Expat Social clubs in Hua Hin for English speaking people ? I am living in Manchester in the UK at the moment with my Thai wife. My wife has been in the UK now for 8 years and originally from Bang Saphan where her family lives. I am a bit of a computer and Electronics Geek /Telecoms engineer and hopefully will be able to help you guys out with any problems once we are over in Hua Hin, cheers Jammy and Nun
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Re: Looking for new friends and a place to rent in Hua Hin

Post by BOZ »

Welcome Jammy, there is a ton of info on this forum use the search feature and see what you come up with... One of the board sponsors can assist you in your condo search, or you can get here and get your feet under you to see where you are comfortable with... Many agents about... My wife and I bought outside of town as that suits our needs better... I am sure others will chime in on giving advice on condos and such... Giving an idea of location choice, ie: near beach, shopping, quiet, restaurants and of course budget should get the ball rolling for you... I wish you success in finding what you need to meet your desires...
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
jammy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jammy »

Cheers Boz, Wouldnt mind a place between Hua Hin and Cha Am and 5 or 10 minutes from the beach or am I asking to much LOL
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Hi Jammy and welcome

As has been said, plenty on info on the forum, but to answer your questions........

There aren't any social clubs that I'm aware of, but you will find groups of friends that get together regularly for pool and etc.

I also know of one Austrian guy who would like to rent his house out, but I think he is only interested in a one year lease or longer. I'm not 100% sure but I can find out for you if you are interested. His place is very nice and located in Soi 6, inside a housing development. If you have a bike then beach only a few minutes away but it is a quiet stretch of beach with no restaurants apart from one hotel.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Welcome to the forum, have a read of this to get you started: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10054

Our rental listings can be found here: http://www.propertyhuahin.net/property.php?type=H&for=R
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

jammy wrote: I am a bit of a computer and Electronics Geek /Telecoms engineer and hopefully will be able to help you guys out with any problems once we are over in Hua Hin, cheers Jammy and Nun [/b]
On my first visit to Thailand I did not know any lingo. A nice Thai lady asked me what I did for fun. I have a amateur radio license and a pile of radios and computers so I said "Well you know I am sort of a geek. You know what a geek is?" She started laughing. She said she thought I would have many geeks.

welocme to the land of cellphone towers.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
daio
Amateur
Amateur

Post by daio »

Hi Jammy I'm also hopping to move to Hua Hin with my wife Ing in October. Ing has also been living in Aberystwyth for about 8 years. We always said when I retire we would give Hua Hin go. Been going there now for more than 10 yrs usally for Xamas and new year.plenty of English spoken there.hope we can meet up some time if not in the uk in hua hin.all the best Dai and Ing.
jammy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jammy »

Hi Dai and Ing, Nice to meet you, Have you got a place to move into or are you renting? Wifes parents live in Bang Saphan, a couple of hours away. been to Hua Hin 3 times and we think it is a nice place, could meet up when your over there. not sure how to send private messages on here. Jammy
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Hi Jammy

Once you have made 10 posts on the forum then you will be able to send and receive private messages.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Isn't it only 3 posts now ?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

[quote="Pagey"]Isn't it only 3 posts now ?[/quote
Correct, so jammy can now lose his pm virginity. :)
daio
Amateur
Amateur

Post by daio »

Hi Jammy and Nun, Thanks for reply. Got a small place about 15 minutes drive from Hua Hin not far from mountain view .Ings mam and dad live in Bangkok we usally stay there befor going to Hua Hin. Never used the pm on here so sorry cant help you. If you do manage to pm me ill try to get backto you.dai