Hi. New member here.

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
short
Novice
Novice

Hi. New member here.

Post by short »

I have some new member questions.

1. Are there any considerations that I need to take on this forum because HH is the Kings place. I respect the country and its leaders and I don't want any drama.

2. Hows the weather in September compared to BKK, Pattaya, and Phuket?

3. How easy are laundry facilities to find and communicate with? I carry clothes that should not be put in a dryer, but rather hung dry.

4. Is there an easy way to transverse from Pattaya to here and back?

5. How is it to buy street food and get them to understand mia pen?

6. What is the best hospital in HH and which hospital would you say it is equal to in the U.S.?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Welcome on-board. To address your questions :
1. HH is not so " in your face because of the Royal connection". As far as the board is concerned, no disrespect to members of The Royal Family is tolerated at all and will result in immediate banning. I'm sure you wouldn't do this anyway.
2. September's in the rainy season - "officially". We do get some downpours then, but I wouldn't let that put you off. HH generally gets rain in the afternoons for an hour or so. The rest of the day is pleasant enough - but humid. I reckon you'll find similar weather all over southern Thailand at that time of year.
3. Laundries are everywhere and I'm sure you'll be able to communicate your needs.
4. HH-Pattaya is bus/train to BKK and then across BKK for the second leg. There are always taxis. It's not a major journey, although more direct connections with public transport would be good.
5. Street food everywhere. Good, clean and cheap.
6. San Paulo is the best, but don't compare it to anything in the States.

Why don't you take a look around the forums. All your questions are covered in more detail there.
Good luck.
buksida

Re: Hi. New member here.

Post by buksida »

Yep, welcome to HHAD.

1) All forum regulations are listed here

2) Wet

3) Easy, all over the place

4) Not at the moment but plans are in motion for a VIP service

5) No idea what "mia pen" means

6) Nothing here equates to any hospital in the west, the best one in the area is in Petchaburi.

:cheers:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Thanyarat
Novice
Novice

"Mai Ped" means not hot or not too spicy

Post by Thanyarat »

"[i][size=18][b]Mai Ped" means not hot or not too spicy or mild taste.[/b][/size][/i]
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Ah, yes, thank you Thanyarat, it must have been mai pet. I've been wondering why anybody would ask for a living wife (mia pen) in food stalls. :mrgreen: There's puu pen and gong pen sold in Khao Takiap, though. :wink:
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Looks like most has been answered here. You can a get a live wife here just as you can in any other place in the world where women exist.

As for the rainfall here vs Pattaya. Generally there is less of it. Statistically October is the worst month with September and November not far behind.

The weather here in Hua Hin is also reputed to be the most consistent and recieves the least rainfall. All of thaT have been here for three years or more know that that is not the case currently.

As for Hospitals in Hua Hin, there are two. Which is the best depends entirely on what treatment you require. My belief is that a better option is to use the Polyclinic in Petchkasem Road opposite the Tesco Gas Station which is as arm of a much better hospital in Petchaburi. This is a US style hospital with many US, UK and Australian trained staff.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Thanyarat
Novice
Novice

Puu pen

Post by Thanyarat »

:D read yr msg with :D for " Puu Pen" and "Gung Pen" so let me guess for fun. It means fresh crab and fresh prawn right? :oops:
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Thanyarat wrote:
read yr msg with for " Puu Pen" and "Gung Pen" so let me guess for fun. It means fresh crab and fresh prawn right
?

Correct :wink: Couldn't resist the temptation here. :oops:
Thanyarat
Novice
Novice

Post by Thanyarat »

Tks. for yr answer. Paa-Mai Pai ( Bamboo grove) It 's fresh up in the morning to read. ha ha :mrgreen: :lach: