thanks everyone

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
Bucknaked
Rookie
Rookie

thanks everyone

Post by Bucknaked »

hi, thanks to everyone who replied to my First Timer post yesterday. a couple more questions if i may be so bold. as im planning on visitin Thailand for the first time (probably May), i know the replies ill get back will be biased but im planning on staying for a couple of weeks as ive had a manic year and just want to chill out in one place rather than trekking around.
Is there plenty to do in HH? enough to keep me occupied in May without getting bored?
and can anyone recommend a place to stay with a nice pool near the beach, thats clean, reasonable and in nice surroundings, not in the middle of town.
Buck
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

You have chose the right place to chill out. I was there in June/July last year. It was a bit quiet, the weather was great (spent all day on the beach) and then went out and ate and drank in the evenings.
We stayed t this hotel http://r24.org/huahinafterdark.com/huahin/duangkaew/
It is about 4kms out of town, two pools, 100m back from the beach, good quality of rooms and very good staff. The have a free shuttle bus that goes into town at mid morning and 6pm at night. Other than that, there is plenty of cheap taxis that will take you home.
If you need any more details, email me and I will give you all the info that I can.
:cheers: :cheers:
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Buck,

With regard to the 'things to do' part of your post, there's plenty to do in and around HH apart from the usual beaches, bars, restaurants, massage etc .......

Temples, various interesting 'Wat's' around town
Golf courses and driving ranges
Khao Takiab mountain (feeding monkeys and view across HH bay)
Pala-U waterfall about 70 minutes away
Khao Wang Petchaburi (old palace and temples set high on a mountain with fantastic views, cable car etc for those who don't like the hike up)
Fishing Pier, worth a visit
Elephant trekking places near town
Markets in town are always interesting and fun to eat at
Boat trips to monkey Island, fishing and to Sam Roi Yod National Park
Maruekatayawan Palace halfway to Cha Am, old Teakwood Palace that you can walk round, next to beach
Khao Hin Lek Faimountain near town with various viewpoints over town and beach
Muay Thai boxing nights
Koh Tao Island, 5 hours away, has accomodation, beautiful beaches, diving, snorkelling etc
Fishing, two fishing parks (lakes) nearby stocked with large fish
Bowling alley and cinema open before May (so the planners say)

Apart from that, it's dead here!!

Burger
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

You forgot to add:

Pool, 8 ball pool, 9 ball pool, killer pool, pool competitions, more pool, 8 ball pool, 9 ball pool, killer pool, pool competitions, more pool, 8 ball pool, 9 ball pool, killer pool, pool competitions, more pool... get my drift?

Oh yes and golf golf golf golf golf golf!

And good company of course!
buksida

Post by buksida »

Try these two pages:

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/attractions.htm
http://www.huahinafterdark.com/hua-hin-beach.htm

or some of the links at the bottom of this page.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Timb-uk
Rookie
Rookie

Re: thanks everyone

Post by Timb-uk »

....and don't forget the excellent restaurants (especially the fish restaurants on the piers)
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re:

Post by margaretcarnes »

Jockey wrote:You forgot to add:

Pool, 8 ball pool, 9 ball pool, killer pool, pool competitions, more pool, 8 ball pool, 9 ball pool, killer pool, pool competitions, more pool, 8 ball pool, 9 ball pool, killer pool, pool competitions, more pool... get my drift?

Oh yes and golf golf golf golf golf golf!

And good company of course!
Jockey forgot to mention the darts....
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Erm, this is virtually an 8-year old thread. I'm sure the OP had a nice holiday in..................2006!
Talk is cheap
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Thread locked, this is 8 years old.