Good Morning

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
Campbound
Rookie
Rookie

Good Morning

Post by Campbound »

Good morning everyone
for the past five years I have been searching, searching for a place I can stop and call home. I have traveled to 28 countries in my life in this search and keep coming back to Thailand. I have been to many of the major cities in the land of smiles, except Hua Hin.
I will arrive in the last week of June and stay 1 month, my study of Hua Hin tells me that this might be the place, but of course trying it on for size will confirm this.
I am a "young" 50 year old who enjoys adventure travel, a social drink and a good laugh while telling long tales of life.
I am a working professional and own my own company.
Folks, I am looking for honest sincere discussion on housing in Hua Hin, as mentioned I have been around, meaning I have been to some of this planets most curupt and dangerous places and am aware of the scams and rip offs.
what I do know is that no matter where one goes or how bad a place seems (not that Hua Hin is close to being a place like Mosul) there can always be found the honest and sincere folk. It is through this forum that I am hopefully in finding such people that can provide the discussion I am after.
I look forward to hearing from you.
cheers
buksida

Re: Good Morning

Post by buksida »

Welcome aboard, have a read of this to get you started: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10054

If you have any specific questions on housing suggest you post them here: viewforum.php?f=20
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Welcome to our forum dig deep on here and this will add value to your stay , the number one sorce of info for Hua Hin enjoy. :thumb:

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Campbound wrote:Good morning everyone
for the past five years I have been searching, searching for a place I can stop and call home. I have traveled to 28 countries in my life in this search and keep coming back to Thailand. I have been to many of the major cities in the land of smiles, except Hua Hin.
I will arrive in the last week of June and stay 1 month, my study of Hua Hin tells me that this might be the place, but of course trying it on for size will confirm this.
I am a "young" 50 year old who enjoys adventure travel, a social drink and a good laugh while telling long tales of life.
I am a working professional and own my own company.
Folks, I am looking for honest sincere discussion on housing in Hua Hin, as mentioned I have been around, meaning I have been to some of this planets most curupt and dangerous places and am aware of the scams and rip offs.
what I do know is that no matter where one goes or how bad a place seems (not that Hua Hin is close to being a place like Mosul) there can always be found the honest and sincere folk. It is through this forum that I am hopefully in finding such people that can provide the discussion I am after.
I look forward to hearing from you.
cheers
If you've been reading through this forum, you will hopefully have deduced that there are many helpful people willing to give their advice to help the new comers to this wonderful area of Thailand. You sound as though you have your wits about you, so even though the good guys significantly outnumber the bad guys in HH, they are out there so just beware.

If you're coming for a month, that should give you plenty of time to visit some of the real estate agents and go look at some properties - as many people recommend, renting in the first instance is a good tactic until you are certain that you want to put your roots down here for good. That one month should be enough to get to know what area of HH suits you best, how close you want to be to the night life/restaurants/shopping facilities etc.

Being 50, you will qualify for a non immigrant O-A visa, which allows you to stay for one year and can be (quite) easily extended a year at a time, subject to a few rules and regs, including the need to report to immigration every 90 days.

If you have any specific questions, ask away and I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice.

Good luck
Campbound
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Campbound »

Thanks
I have been here now for a couple of weeks and cans say so far, I like it. I have spoken to several real estate agents and interestingly enough, one was very attentive, and clearly want my business, while others....yea not so much.
I appreciate the warm welcome and will be keeping in touch through the forum
cheers
shellyball
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shellyball »

Hey campbound, the road behind Soi 80 had lots of for rent signs, we pay 13000 for a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, large balcony, kitchen with all appliances and washing machine, we do pay extra for cable & WI-FI, but the area is great central, friendly and only a hop, skip and stumble back from the bars!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk