greetings from soon to be HH resident

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
captbonio
Rookie
Rookie

greetings from soon to be HH resident

Post by captbonio »

Hello
great to be able to join this forum
I have bought a home in the region and used probably the most incompetant lawyer in thailand to do the conveyancing for me.I hope to sell soon and buy another but want to use a lawyyer who actually can offer a good service. Can anyone here recommend such a person please ? Thank s in advance and looking forward to joining in more discussions
Big Boy

Re: greetings from soon to be HH resident

Post by Big Boy »

Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
captbonio
Rookie
Rookie

Post by captbonio »

[quote="Big Boy"]You could try our sponsors
Thanks.. As it happens I did try them and they were the most expensive coming in at 80,000 THB which I considered a little OTT. Maybe it is a case of you get what you pay for, but I felt that I should be able to get good service for a lot less than that.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The most incompetant lawyer in thailand---- really? There is a lot of competition for that title.
captbonio
Rookie
Rookie

Post by captbonio »

oakdale160 wrote:The most incompetant lawyer in thailand---- really? There is a lot of competition for that title.
hmm really ?? Thats depressing to hear. I went with a western one , thinking they would have high standards, but it couldnt have been further from the truth.
captbonio
Rookie
Rookie

Post by captbonio »

I would like to hear what people think is a fair price for house conveyancing in Hua Hin. 80,000 is higher than in the UK, and whilst it might involve more leg and less internet work, it still seems pretty punchy. Given the amount of work this guy actually did himeself was negligable , that confirms my thinking, but I am happy (well... a little bit ) to be proved wrong on this as I do need to know what is what.
Steve1956
Novice
Novice

Post by Steve1956 »

file.jpg
file.jpg (47.64 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

2 self-promotions in 2 posts - couldn't you just say hi like everyone else?
This is the way
captbonio
Rookie
Rookie

Post by captbonio »

No idea where that came from...apologies. I guess this forum is fraught with complications and gremlins such adware and other tainted traffic so I will avoid.
Shame really...thought there might be more a spirit of help here but I was wrong. Good luck.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Nothing to do with you captain. Steve 56 chose this thread to promote his own business, hence my comment (obviuosly not directed at you) and the mod deleting the post and giving the warning.

Can't help you with the conveyancing, but there are plenty of members who can, I'm sure.

Welcome to the forum!
This is the way
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Might be an idea to post exactly what was done for the 80k. Without that knowledge nobody can really make a judgement.

Just a thought.

Crazy 88
Steve1956
Novice
Novice

Post by Steve1956 »

Many apologies, I thought I was being helpful in more ways than one! I was unaware of the rules but I certainly am now. Good luck.
captbonio
Rookie
Rookie

Post by captbonio »

dtaai-maai wrote:Nothing to do with you captain. Steve 56 chose this thread to promote his own business, hence my comment (obviuosly not directed at you) and the mod deleting the post and giving the warning.

Can't help you with the conveyancing, but there are plenty of members who can, I'm sure.

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you Sir
Glad you made that clear. I am clearly a novice on here and too inexperienced for a school yard kicking haha
I will be more open minded in the future
captbonio
Rookie
Rookie

Post by captbonio »

crazy88 wrote:Might be an idea to post exactly what was done for the 80k. Without that knowledge nobody can really make a judgement.

Just a thought.

Crazy 88
It's was for all.. Ie conveyancing and Usufruct it's was the first quote i got and it seemed high so continued to look around .. Got another for about 5000 which seemed to cheap and as it turned out they didn't speak English which sort of put me off. Ended up going for one at 55000 seemed middle of the road but it was hopeless, incompetent and no idea of customer service .. And from a westerner too which made it all the more galling .
captbonio
Rookie
Rookie

Post by captbonio »

jennifer070 wrote:hiiiiiii